• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favourite Final Cut Scene/Ending

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Some of the best moments of any game usually occur once the game reaches its climax, I know i look forward to the ending for this very reason.

So this thread is basically for you to mention your favourite endings and/or final cut-scenes of any game.

Edit: Spoilers Ahead

Last edited:

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Well, that is a tough one. And there's a few of them. I'm going to bold the titles so if you see a title that you've not finished, obviously there's spoilers.

Bioshock: Infinite definitely gets a mention here, how can it not. I loved the original Bioshock ending too but the ending of Infinite raised it, in my eyes, from a pretty good, refined shooter with a really interesting, if quite odd and confusing, storyline, to it being the epitome of story-telling in a videogame. Everything suddenly made sense watching that ending, all those little things that seemed like nothing all just came together in such a perfect way, and it was all so obvious looking back! I sat back and just thought about stuff for like a half an hour and then talked to friends all about it for the rest of the night. For the rest of the week, even. Absolutely brilliant, definitely the deepest ending of any game I've played. And I loved the characters too, I loved how much emotion Elizabeth conveyed.

Another favourite of mine would be Final Fantasy: Crisis Core's ending. Definitely a tear-jerker, and I knew it was going to happen, but the game really made me care about the characters, especially Zack. He was such a refreshing character beside the typical Final Fantasy characters too, and it was a really lovely ending. It upset me but I definitely didn't hate it, was a really emotional, lovely end to a great story.

Finally, it's gotta be The Walking Dead's ending finale, really. By the end of that game, I cared so much about Lee and Clementine, and since I'd made all the decisions and everything I was really invested and immersed into everything. And every decision was pretty much with Clementine's best interests at heart, keeping her close to Lee. And so, watching that ending... never cried so much. After all 5 episodes watching the finale unfurl just tugged on my heart-strings so much, it was such an emotional experience and an amazing performance by Lee and Clementine. Watching her in tears not knowing what to do and Lee struggling to keep helping her, it was just, such a sad ending and yet it was really incredible. It's funny because it was definitely a game that touched me, I did genuinely care about Lee and Clem. Kudos, TellTale.

Also, I'll give a mention to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. Most people will disregard COD's campaign and just write them off instantly but I quite enjoyed the stories behind them, and both MW1 and MW2 had some great moments. But, specifically, MW2's ending. What happened to Ghost, who I really liked, just came out of nowhere, and I really did like the ending. I thought it was a bit held back by the engine, I imagine that type of very immersive, first-person ending would have benefited from some better graphics, but, definitely didn't ruin it. Really enjoyed that campaign.

And that's really it.

Big Octo

=^)
The ending to The Wind Waker is sad, fulfilling, and a mix of other emotions. At first, I feel triumphant when defeating Ganondorf, but knowing that Old Hyrule will be no more is just a sad thought. The death of that one particular figure was very saddening as well. At the same time, I look forward to going off on another adventure to discover a new land to settle.

The ending/ to Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas are quite good as well. Learning about he consequences of your actions made as well as the player's legacy in the post-apocyliptic world is quite interesting and emotion-provoking. I always love a good epilogue following the ending of a game, movie, etc. in this instance, it works very well.

As a final note, any ending to a Metroid game is usually fantastic, because who doesn't enjoy seeing something massive explode, especially if it's a planet?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Kingdom Hearts II
Fire Emblem Awakening
Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

I'll say nothing except that the final scenes of each game were the true ending to a great adventure through and through; appropriate feelings for appropriate scenarios in EVERY case.

The ending/ to Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas are quite good as well. Learning about he consequences of your actions made as well as the player's legacy in the post-apocyliptic world is quite interesting and emotion-provoking. I always love a good epilogue following the ending of a game, movie, etc. in this instance, it works very well.

Need a like button for this.

I also loved the endings to:

Half Life 2: Episode 2. It was a major shock at what happened at the end of that game and a MAJOR cliffhanger. Regardless of that, it was an excellent way of ending the game. It makes you beg for more and makes you anxious to seeing what happens next. Unfortunately, it's been a really long time since then, and everyone has no choice but to wait it out. It feels like the conclusion to this series will never happen.

All the Bioshock games. All the installments to the series have an amazing story to them. and all the endings are very well written as well, especially Bioshock Infinite. The ending to that game was deep and mindboggling.

Mass Effect 2. The final mission was simply epic... and the cut scenes, it was as if you were watching a movie. Mass Effect 1's ending was pretty epic too.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Kingdom Hearts II
Fire Emblem Awakening
Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

I'll say nothing except that the final scenes of each game were the true ending to a great adventure through and through; appropriate feelings for appropriate scenarios in EVERY case.

Yeah, pretty much what he said.

Also, BioShock and BioShock Infinite. Absolute mind****s.

Perhaps not the most remarkable answers, but the two that come to mind at the moment are Tales of Symphonia and Luigi's Mansion.

Tales of Symphonia because it's one of my favorite games ever so I'm just biased. Also because, considering it can be a long game if you're new to it, it's a very satisfying culmination.

Luigi's Mansion because it's so happy. Tears well up in my eyes every time. :kawaii:

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Resident Evil 4-After beating the final boss of an awesome game, no one expected to be treated to the greatest escape sequence the Resident Evil franchise has had to offer.
Halo 3-Speaking of escapes, Halo 3's escape ending topped that of the first with plenty of explosions and having the ground just completely shatter beneath you. Not to mention to the most epic theme song.
Red Dead Redemption-I don't think anyone saw Red Dead Redemption ending the way it did. It was a heart wrenching moment that could have easily ended on a sour note, but to our surprise, continued onwards with a satisfying revenge.
Gears of War 3-I'd say every Gears of War had great endings, but part 3 was just a little more special. From the very beginning, GoW 3 was an emotional ride, especially one particular event. An event that could of been poorly ignored by the game's end, but comes back in the form of sweet justice. It was especially powerful getting to see Marcus mourn after saving the entire world.

Lastly...

Superman 64-Whatever poor ******* finished that game was probably the happiest sonofa***** in the world.

Last edited:

Ganondork

goo
Well, Assassin's Creed: Revelations had the most fulfilling ending for me. The way it ended the stories of Ezio Auditore da Firenze and Altair Ibn-La'Ahad was astounding. The entire library scene is just heartbreaking to watch. Seeing Altair's final moments alone is what I regard as one of the saddest moments in any video game I have ever played. However, it wasn't just Altair's death that brought tears to my eyes, but also Ezio's final speech. The moment that he reached out to Desmond left me dumbstruck. I never would have imagined that the name Desmond would be ingrained within his mind after so many years. Yet, it wasn't just his speech meant for Desmond that were emotion-filled, but also his resignation from the Assassin Order. When he dropped his hidden blades to the floor, it was the end of an era.

Ezio Auditore da Firenze said:
No books... No wisdom... Just you, fratello mio [My brother].

Altair Ibn-La'Ahad said:
Go son, go be with your family. And live well.

Ezio Auditore da Firenze said:
Who are we, who have been so blessed to share our stories like this? To speak across centuries? Maybe you will answer all of the questions I have asked - maybe you will be the one to make all of this suffering worth something in the end.

Next up is the bad ending of Bioshock. I've never quite cared for the good ending, but the bad ending has always intrigued me. There's something about the brutal side of Jack that never ceases to amaze me. I have always seen Jack as a monstrosity that should have never been, and it's only fitting that I choose the most wicked of actions in the game. I never really enjoyed harvesting the Little Sisters, but for the sake of achieving the most fitting ending, I always do it. It's interesting to imagine that Jack actually threatens the Surface with the atom bomb as well as his army of Splicers.

Brigid Tenenbaum said:
Your father was terrified the world would try to steal the secrets of his city. But not you. For you have stolen the terrible secrets of the world.

It should go without saying that Bioshock 2 follows close behind the first Bioshock. While I seldom achieve the ending, the neutral ending in which you choose to sacrifice yourself is my favorite. I usually get the good ending, but I much prefer this one. The evil ending also is far from my favorite, as I don't think of Delta as a complete and total monster. I like to think that he only did what he had to in order to reach Eleanor, yet he still had a conscience, and that's why he chose to sacrifice himself. Above all, though, when he sacrifices himself, you see a side to Eleanor that I also love. She did evil actions in Rapture, yet your decision to let yourself die makes her feel remorseful and hopes that she could one day redeem herself, much like Tenenbaum.

It's also an interesting thing to note that in this ending, you see the bridge of Johnny Topside's nose - the only link we have to Delta's true appearance. This has also been an influential reason for me to pick the ending on multiple occasions.

Eleanor Lamb said:
You made a monster of me, Father. But I wondered why you saved the others. You left me in doubt; didn't you want me to be like you?

Eleanor Lamb said:
The Rapture dream is over, and in waking, I am alone. Mother, I left behind, and you chose to die rather than have me follow you.

Eleanor Lamb said:
Your sacrifice gave me hope. But Father... I miss you.

And finally, one of my favorite endings would have to be Bioshock Infinite. This is my favorite game to date, and I have a lot of praise for it. However, the ending is one of the best parts of the game. It's not as complicated as some people let on, but it does require a bit more thinking than other Bioshock endings. The only downfall to it was that none of your choices made a difference in the end. Your decision to hit Fink or the interracial couple was ignored. Your killing or sparing of Cornelius Slate is without consequence. Your decision for Elizabeth's pendant is irrelevant. Your flashing a gun at the man in the ticket booth, or getting stabbed in the hand isn't a factor. Remaking the ending wouldn't be much more than just changing a few lines, but no choices really mattered.

Regardless, the ending was still fantastic. It tied so many loose ends together and made sense of a game otherwise wrapped in mystery and confusion. It was the series best ending, but it could have done with alternate ones alongside the one we received.

Booker DeWitt said:
City at the bottom of the ocean? Ridiculous.

Elizabeth Comstock said:
There's always a lighthouse. There's always a man, there's always a city...

Booker DeWitt said:
Do you think a dunk in the river's gonna change the things I've done?

Elizabeth Comstock said:
Booker... You're bleeding.

Booker DeWitt/Zachary Comstock said:
No... I'm both.

Booker DeWitt said:
Anna? Is that you?

Burning Beast

Go to Hell 4 Heavens Sake
Gotta go with Wind Waker and Skyward Sword

Wind Waker's final cutscene was really cool in my opinion. A heavily emotionally charged scene, Link has defeated Ganondorf and you turn to face KORL who informs you that you must head back to the surface and find a new land while he remains with Hyrule. Hyrule is then flooded and exactly what KORL said happens. The ending cutscene following has incredibly epic music so I really like that about it, and then, Tetra's line about "The winds will guide us" after the word part was sooooooo epic! Groosebumps every time xD

Skyward Sword takes the emotionally charged scene that Wind Waker had, and makes it feel about as emotional as killing a deku scrub. Never have I come so close to crying about a video game's ending. For once I actually felt for Fi. The music... just killer. Amazing music for those closing scenes. And Impa revealing herself as Granny (I suspected her all along) was also good. And then you get Link and Zelda atop the Goddess Statue. ... ... need I say more?

Aelic7

The Young Drifter
I'd have to give it to the only video games that have ever made me bawl - not cry, bawl. Mother 3 and Metal Gear Solid 4.

I can't really think of a favorite, but I can think of the only one I hated: MM. As much as I absolutely adore MM, the ending makes me crazy. "Thanks for saving us! Now leave." And then Link is just all "Okay! Thanks for the suggestion! Even though I'm exhausted from saving this stupid place, I really have no desire for free food and firework shows." Maddening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom