• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Zelda Sword

ZeldaMaster

Lightning Farron
My favorite Zelda sword would be the master sword then the gilded sword ...I dont know if there another thread like this but please dont yell at me.

Djinn

and Tonic
zeldaswords.png

A visual aid for some. Although a few are missing from it.

I would still have to say the original Magical sword. Besides firing magical lasers it looks like something that would be an incredibly rare and valuable magical artifact. Standig out even in Hyrule which is sometimes filed with rare and valuable magical artifacts. Other than that I have always liked the design of Ganondorf's twin swords from Wind Waker.

Kybyrian

I tend to base my views off of the appearance of the sword and nothing else, so I'm going to go with the Gilded Sword. I thought the Gilded Sword looked pretty awesome, so I'm saying that it is my favorite sword. The other swords were great and all, they just didn't appeal to me aesthetically as the Gilded Sword did. If I had to choose a close second I'd say the Sword of the Sages from the post above mine, seeing as how it's next in line for the best appearance in my mind.

In terms of the overall use in a Zelda game and the meaning behind it, I'd have to say the Master Sword. Nothing has as great of a story as the Blade of Evil's Bane.

Yes, there is another thread like this but it hasn't been replied to in almost seven months, so you're okay ;)

I've always loved the Four Sword because of the effect it had on the wielder in Four Swords and Four Swords Adventures. Being split into four sounds very interesting, and to add to that, its origin is explained in the Minish Cap in which the four different elements were infused into the Picori Blade to make it. I also like its design.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I'm going with the Master Sword or Golden Sword. The MS has always been around, so I've gotten used to liking it. As for the Golden Sword, it was just plain awesome. It did quite a lot of damage and looked pretty cool.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
I have to go with Zelda Master.

The Master Sword and then the Gilded Sword. The Master Sword looks the best and is just classics in both looks and usage.

The Gilded Sword is made of gold so that makes it's appearance so much more awesome. (One would think that would make me choose ALttP's golden sword but... eh) Then there's the length of the sword which makes it even better of a weapon.

Fairysword.png

Great Fairy's Sword. Was epic in appearance, dark but beautiful and ornate. It was also massive, possibly bigger than the Biggoron Sword (another favorite), and the two-handed heavy weapons are just epic. I would love Zelda to have more weapon variety in general, but the one-handed and two-handed sword distinction is pretty good in itself. I also enjoyed the Four Sword, and I just generally like the weapons that function in a unique way rather than just being slashing weapons. I'd love future Zelda games to use these special weapons more, possibly even having several in the same game so you have to choose which to use.

Another sword I like, although this one isn't usable, is the Twilight Sword that Zant used. It was awesome-looking, just to start. It also served as the actual weak-point for the Stallord fight's second phase, also cool. Finally, it had the ability to revive the dead. We don't know anything about it except this, and it's a bad-*** fact. :lol: It would be interesting to see this concept explored or even USED in a Zelda game. Plunging your sword into things revives or animates them? :3

Caeda

Keyblade Master
The Master sword is the best sword in any game period. My next favorite would be the Phantom sword because of its time-stopping abilities, then the Four Sword because there's 12 of them in the series.

By the way, have you ever noticed that the Kokiri Sword looks like a butterknife in the game?

Never really thought about it, but I'll throw in my 2 cents. I think I have to vote for the Gilded Sword from MM. It's pretty and it's powerful. I also like it because it provides a specific challenge to me to complete the Snowhead Temple before Dawn of the Second Day so that I can get the sword in that same cycle of days instead of having to go back and defeat Goht again. Not a difficult challenge, but I always enjoy it for some reason.

For just the pretty factor, I gotta mention the Great Fairy's Sword from MM as well.

Q

quordlepleen

I'm going with Orca's sword(Hero's sword). Link is awsome with it and it keeps him remembering where he started from. You always have to remember where your coming from
Heros_Sword.jpg

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
My favourite sword is definitely Fierce Deity Link's sword from MM. Not only is it awesome-looking with it's double helix design, but it's powerful and shoots beams. Furthermore, it's two-handed, which fits my aggressive playing style. Having a long and powerful sword is more important than having the ability to use a shield if you ask me.

But I can't neglect the other two-handed swords (Great Fairy/Biggoron Sword) for similar reasons and the Master Sword for its importance to the series as a whole. I also like any first sword (Kokiri/Hero's/Wooden Sword) just because they are so significant and memorable even though they're weak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom