• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Virtual Boy Game

Favorite Virtual Boy Game?

• 3D Tetris

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bomberman: Panic Bomber

• Galactic Pinball

• Golf

• Jack Bros.

• Mario Clash

• Mario's Tennis

• Nester's Funky Bowling

• Red Alarm

• Teleroboxer

• Vertical Force

• Virtual Boy Wario Land

• Virtual League Baseball

• Waterworld

• Total voters

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I can't stop laughing right now.

I've never owned a Virtual Boy, and I don't really plan on owning one ever. I heard it was the worst thing ever and is a stain on Nintendo's reputation.

I heard they are going to put Virtual Boy games in the 3DS eShop though... I'm slightly interested.

Salem

SICK
I keep on hearing from those who owned one that Wario Land is the only memorable/best game of the console.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
I actually do own a Virtual Boy. I got it very shortly after it initially launched, and I played it a lot. I can tell you a fewthings:

It is not actually as uncomfortable on the eyes as it was claimed: the 3DS is in fact far more uncomfortable, and I have weak eye muscles to begin with (those muscles being stressed is the reason people ever get these kind of headaches). The real issue with comfort was the awkward position you had to be in to use it. It could be painful and it was hard to find a suitable place to use it.

It was an absolute battery hog, barely lasting more than six hours, at best. And it took four AA batteries to power the thing. And, contrary to what several people, who have never so much as touched a Virtual Boy, have claimed, it did NOT come with an AC adapter. Such a thing existed, but it was sold separately. Without the adapter, it's really impractical to play the system with anything other than rechargable batteries. Though they'd probably be drained long before another set of four batteries can be fully recharged.

The system died before that many games were out and therefore Wario Land was the ONLY game of note on the system. It really was a good game in its own right and it'd play very well on modern handhelds if they ever ported it. I personally preferred it over other Wario Land games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom