• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite village/town series-wide?

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
Over the course of the series, there's been quite a number of towns/villages for the player to visit and explore. Out of these, which would you consider your favorite?

It can be for any reason, vibes, design, NPCs, etc. Which one do you enjoy/appreciate most?

I'd say it's probably Windfall for me. It's not a particularly big town, but between the theme, memorable NPCs, and quests you can do there, I'd say it's easily my favorite in the series. Good vibes all around.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
Clock Town for pretty obvious reasons. No other town in the series has given this much depth to its characters and locations.

Windfall is pretty great too for similar reasons, along with the heavy implications of its connection with Kakariko.

For that matter, OoT Kakariko has some neat passive storytelling in how it develops and progresses as a town in the 7 years you were gone.

The Dashing Darknut

DD, the dashing one
Typical pick but easily Clock Town for all of the reasons above. I love the story telling of it, the atmosphere, the music, and all the little character details and sidequests you can find in it. It shows people of fear, foolishness, loneliness, and those ready to accept the fate that comes. There’s also a lot to do and not everything you’ll do in just the full cycle so there’s a lot of reasons to come back and do more.

Also like TP Hyrule Castle Town a lot because I love scaring people as a wolf and playing with the dogs and cats, plus some pretty gold dialogue 14E8EDD1-29CD-43D0-88B1-5CCA46DB4D9B.jpeg1A5E87E5-6A7A-4A2C-B9EA-B074979BF36C.jpeg

The full list is below, but I just think that Gerudo Town is one of the most fleshed-out and thoughtful towns in all video games, up there with Clock Town and Skyloft. There is just something about all of the little details, the copious shops, and the variety of people that make it easy for me to stroll through the town for a full half an hour, just taking in its walled-city world. And the Gerudo society is so well-realized...I love Gerudo Town.
  1. Gerudo Town
  2. Clock Town
  3. Skyloft
  4. Hyrule Castle Town (MC)
  5. Windfall Island
  6. Hateno Village
  7. Mabe Village
  8. Rito Village
  9. Outset Island
  10. Lurelin Village
  11. Kokiri Forest
  12. Kakariko Village (OoT)
  13. Hyrule Castle Town (TP)
  14. Tarrey Town
  15. Mercay Island
  16. Village of the Blue Maiden
  17. Kakariko Village (BotW)
  18. Isle of Frost
  19. Zora’s Domain (BotW)
  20. Lyanna Village
  21. Goron City (BotW)
  22. Castle of Ikana
  23. Kakariko Village (ALttP)
  24. Ordon Village
  25. Deku Palace
  26. Wind Tribe Home
  27. Dragon Roost Island
  28. Crescent Island
  29. Goron Island
  30. Goron Ridge
  31. Forest Haven
  32. Hyrule Castle Town (OoT)
  33. Moldia Island
  34. Snowpeak Ruins
  35. Zuna Village
  36. Minish Village
  37. Kakariko Village (TP)
  38. Subrosian Village
  39. Papuchia Village
  40. Kakariko Village (ALBW)
  41. Hytopia Caslte Town
  42. Kakariko Village (FSA)
  43. Zora’s Hall
  44. Gerudo Fortress
  45. Kara Kara Bazaar
  46. Zora’s Domain (TP)
  47. Gerudo Village
  48. Goron Village
  49. Palace of Twilight
  50. Gerudo Hideout
  51. Korok Forest
  52. Old Kasuto Town
  53. Hidden Village
  54. Anouki Village
  55. Goron City (OoT)
  56. Saria Town
  57. Village of Outcasts (ALBW)
  58. Aboda Village
  59. Lorule Castle
  60. Animal Village
  61. Hyrule Castle (ALBW)
  62. Village of Outcasts (ALttP)
  63. Zora’s Domain (OoT)
  64. Goron Mountain
  65. Hyrule Castle (ALttP)
  66. New Kasuto Town
  67. Sunken City
  68. Goron Village
  69. Mido Town
  70. Whittleton
  71. Mountain Village
  72. Rauru Town
  73. Symmetry City
  74. Darunia Town
  75. Ruto Town
  76. Symmetry City
  77. Horon Village
  78. Nabooru Town
  79. Hyrule Castle (FSA)
  80. North Palace
  81. Hyrule Castle Town (ST)

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
I have two. Castle Town from TP because of how lively it is and there is a lot to explore there. I used to spend hours just running through the streets scaring people as wolf Link.

I also have to say Tarrey Town in BOTW because you get to build it from scratch and it is so rewarding once you complete it.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I like Tarrey Town's end state. I like that it's a town of outcasts and weirdos who just feel like something is off with where they come from.

I just wish the quest to get to that end state weren't such tedious bull****.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
I think my top pick for this one would have to be Kokiri Village in OoT. I really like the forest, nature style of everything. The Kokiri and Koroks are two of my favorite races in the series. I just like the way they live a peaceful quiet life and their village reflects that.
In addition, Ocarina WA the first Zelda game I played. So I essentially started my Zelda journey in Kokiri Village, and the game always brings you back there. It will always be one of my favorite spots to run around in and Saria is still one of my favorite Zelda characters.

5. Gerudo Fortress(OoT): This count's right? I enjoyed the theme and sneaking around when first entering it.

4. Hyrule Castle Market(OoT0: I know this isn't "technically" a town/village, but, the Theme

3. Goron City(MM): It has a good backstory and a lot of interaction in it for the story and item progression(the Sword)

2. Kakariko (OoT0: Has such a great bit of lore as to why it was build and I also enjoyed the theme. Plus 1.5 Dungeons(Shadow temple and the Well).

1. Mabe Village: Link's awakening was a childhood favorite. Has such a memorable theme, the first Fishing Hole in the entire series, and I would always go straight to Marin to listen to "The Ballad of the Windfish" even though she always called me "Thief", though I don't know why because I never stole anyone from her OR Tarin. :lol:

Honorable Mentions:
Animal Village: later in Link's Awakening, you're tasked with taking Marin there to wake the walrus up to progress the game.
Picori Village(MC): It's nice and Cozy.
Rito Village(BotW): It' nice and Cozy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom