• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Video Game Cutscenes

Ninja

Well well well
One of my favorite things about gaming is the stories that are told, and powerful stories can come with some emotional, or just awesome cutscenes. In your time gaming, what are some of your favorite cutscenes?

1. Yuna's Sending in Kilika - Final Fantasy X

This is an emotional one. After Sin pays a visit to the village, he violently kills men, women, and even children. There is complete and utter devastation, and one of the roles of a summoner is to send lingering souls to the Farplane (video game heaven), otherwise the souls may end up lost, or become fiends. Imagine putting yourself in their shoes, seeing your loved ones and village perish, and having their souls finally put to rest.

2. Big Smoke's Order - Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

Okay, while this may not be visually epic, it's pretty damn funny. It's surprising that Big Smoke was not featured on My 600lb Life.

3. Opening - Kingdom Hearts

Perhaps one of my favorite video game opening cinematics of all time. It has great build up, animation, and the video syncs really well with the rhythm of the song. The song itself is amazing, and it's a scene that genuinely gets you really pumped up to start playing.

4. Calamity Ganon's Introduction/Champions Revenge - Zelda: BotW

I thought this was pretty badass. After days of build up (or 15 minutes whatever) to fight Calamity Ganon, the one who took your beloved fish waifu away, Link enters the building. It's time for **** to go down. As CG starts to show himself, the Champions of the past unleash a laser beam from hell on the beast, setting the stage for Link to prevail.

Those are some of mine, how about you guys?

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
Liquid Ocelot appears - Metal Gear Solid 2

First 2 and a half minutes, so much double crossing and motivations going on, then we're hit w/ this. Cutscene is definitely rough around the edges, but it really left quite the impression on my first viewing.

KOS-MOS vs Voyager - Xenosaga III

KOS-MOS had been out of commission for a while after a previous fight w/ T-elos. Black Testament shows up, Shion gets into trouble and KOS-MOS saves her butt yet again. Love the song "Here She Comes" that plays when KOS-MOS reawakens. Also for a moment, I really thought that the professor was voiced by Tom Kenny. That would've been hilarious.

Genesis & Angeal vs Sephiroth - Crisis Core FInal Fantasy VII

Sephiroth recounts to Zack to some of the good times he had w/ his old friends, Angeal and Genesis. Though things seem a little rocky w/ Genesis. Great reading the comments analyze the dynamic b/w these 3.

Mario Super Sluggers Ending

You beat Bowser's team, big celebration and everyone's having a good time. Then Wario and Waluigi are causing trouble yet again, it looks pretty bad, but then Bowser pulls a Star Wolf. I was initially thinking Bowser's invasion at the beginning of Mario Galaxy, but I think this cutscene needs a little more showing off.

NintendoCN

Team Captain
I don't have the footage, but recall if you will the cut scene in FF XIII when you first meet Barthandelus. It's climactic, everything you've been fighting for comes to a head as you fight and take down a Fal'cie! The game goes on, but you just essentially defeated a god!

Ninja

Well well well
I don't have the footage, but recall if you will the cut scene in FF XIII when you first meet Barthandelus. It's climactic, everything you've been fighting for comes to a head as you fight and take down a Fal'cie! The game goes on, but you just essentially defeated a god!

I totally forgot about that! That was an amazing moment. The part where he transformed, the dire music kicked in, and it showed each party member in absolute disbelief. Great cutscene.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff

The implications of this Game Over cutscene are sinister, and made me feel like King K.rool was a legitimate threat. Too bad the final battle devolved into a boxing match, haha!

Quite lengthy, but my goodness, so iconic! I used to spend a few minutes just placing and pulling the Master Sword from the Pedastal of Time even in the late game.

I'll try to think of more later.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
This has been one of my favourite video game cutscenes for a very long time. It's very simple and understated and seriously fits the overall tone of this game extremely well. I would kill for this game to get some sort of overhaul Switch remaster because it truly looks terrible on a 4K TV.

(Video is cued to start in the right spot and goes 'til the end)

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer

The turning point of the game. One of the few cutscenes that's left me with my mouth hanging open.

This one is funny as hell, the zoom on his face gets me every time.

Another one that just had me shocked. The drama and plot escalation is impeccable. Even more powerful if you know that Ganon's just playing you.

Mainly just for the little grin at the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom