• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Video Game Besides LoZ?

DarkLink17

Well then
Apart from Zelda, I'd have to say my second favorite would be the Uncharted franchise on the PS3. It has a great storyline, graphics, and multiplayer community.

And if I had to choose a runner up, it would definitely be the main Valve games (Portal, Half-Life, TF2)

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Fire Emblem Awakening :)

But the reason is because FE13 is the epitome of everything awesome. Great music, gameplay, characters, and even options. Sure, it's a linear way down but every chapter is contained; there are manners you can complete any chapter especially thanks to reclassing.

i do enjoy the mario games.. my favorite is super mario world on the SNES

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I don't really care for much in the video game world aside from Zelda, so my choices are limited. If I had to pick something, it would probably be either Tales of the Abyss or the Monster Hunter games. I enjoy both of those very much. I'd hard to choose between them for second place.

Hmm. I usually try to categorize this by genre. That being said, I honestly don't think there is an [Action-]Adventure series out there that is better than The Legend of Zelda series rn. Spanning genres, however, I'm inclined to say Final Fantasy and Super Smash Bros. simply for the sheer amount of time and furyoku I've invested into them over Zelda. Tough call, though, as there could be well over a dozen...

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I really like the Pokemon series, and the Mario series. I like most of the games in both franchises, and I sometimes get more connected to them than I do with even a Zelda game.

Super Metroid is probably my all time favorite. Followed by the Fire Emblem series and also the Dragon Quest series.

Musicfan

the shadow mage
Almost anything made by Atlus. I need to get some of their older games:? They are supposed to be harder the "Nintendo hard".

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Can't think of huge franchises, but I do love some games like Okami and the older Rare games like BK and DK64.

MW7

My favorite non-Zelda game is definitely Donkey Kong Country 2, but overall as a series I would have to say Mario is my second favorite. There are at most 5 Donkey Kong games that I would say are very good which pales in comparison to the vast Mario library which is almost always top notch. A couple of honorable mentions would be Banjo Kazooie (I definitely prefer it over Tooie due to its relative simplicity), Goldeneye (I actually do like the gamecube James Bond games a lot too), and Hitman (Blood Money being my favorite).

onebizarrekai

gay energy
I guess I like the Kingdom Hearts series, but I've only played 358/2 Days since I don't have a PS2. (Or anything other than Nintendo for that matter)

There's also Pokemon, which is definitely pretty dang awesome :3

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom