• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Version Of Kakariko Village?

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Kakariko village appears in many Zelda games, and is different every time.

Which one is your favorite, ad why?

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Ocarina of Time easy. So may secrets. so many terrible terrible horrific secrets....

Man the one thing I hate most about Twilight Princess (yes there are actually things I hate about Twilight Princess) is Kakariko. I mean the wild west ghost town just ain't doing it for me. Nevermind the fact that it's a literal ghost town as in nobody lives there. It's also small and there's nothing to discover. And the graveyard? why does it even exist??? Why was ninty so lazy about Kakariko Village in TP?

Ocarina's Kakariko is a central location loaded with detail. It feature's a freaking minidungeon. A full dungeon, two large hidden grottos and Dampe's labyrinth if you count the fantastic Graveyard area.

Also windmills are whimsical af. And the town's loaded with such interesting characters for how little presence they actually have. I dig the town's connection to the Shiekah and history with the Royal Family that feels really enigmatic. It's no wonder the town's terrible secret history is so dark.

Reactions: Dio

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
I love BotW's version cuz it feels like a lived in town, because of the time of day features it has with all of the folk that live there going about their lives.

:wynaut:

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
mmmmm,guess I'll be the odd one out and say twilight princess
it's the first incarnation of the village I've seen so I have a big soft spot for it,I remember struggling to even say its name

My favorite version of Kakariko village is easily the one from OoT. There was just so much to do and find there. not to mention it was the hometown of Impa, one of my fav Zelda characters. I remember the first time I seen kakariko on fire in oot, i felt a terrible urgency to right the wrongs committed there.

Ninja

Well well well
Tie for OoT and Breath of the Wild.

OoT had a great deal to explore in both the child and adult eras, plus you get the Song of Storms there which is up there with my favorite Zelda songs to search remixes for on YT.

BotW, as @Christmas Spirit said, has a cool feudal area theme to it, and has a bustling village vibe at all times of the day. Not to mention the GREAT Paya dialogs as you progress through the game. If only we had pictures of the birthmark...

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Hmm got to be OOT's for its bloody history and the fact it sits atop a zombie infested sewer. It also has the iconic theme music to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom