• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Starting Sword?

L

Link49

There has been many different starting swords in the Legend of Zelda series, starting from the classic wooden sword in the first Legend of Zelda to the Skyward Sword. The sword I favored the most was Twilight Princess starting sword, I think it was one of the most coolest looking starter swords every game had to offer. I also liked the Wind Waker's starting sword to, it was simple and it just fitted Links character well. Tell me your favorite starting sword! :)

Kokiri Sword from OoT every time. Its the only starting sword that has felt like an important blade rather than just waiting until you get the Master Sword like in TP or something better like in MM.

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
My favorite starting sword would have to be the Kokiri Sword from Ocarina of Time followed by the Smith's Sword native to The Minish Cap. The Kokiri Sword made an excellent pair with the Deku Shield and the player actually had to work a little to obtain it. As for the Smith's Sword from The Minish Cap, it holds especial significance due to being forged by Hyrule's very best blacksmith and awarded to Link from the King of Hyrule himself.

The Kokiri Sword from Ocarina of Time has a special place in my heart as it took me almost a good two hours to find it my first time playing. I loved how in order to get one of the biggest elements in the entire game, you had to do a bit of exploring for yourself in order for you to even pass the first area. Also, the Kokiri Sword was a great counter-part to the Master Sword as it was considerably weak, tiny, and allowed the player to adjust easily with later swords.

Night Owl

~Momentai
The sword in ALttP has special meaning since it was given to you by your uncle. I found it touching the first time I played through it since I thought he died.

The Kokiri Sword, from OoT, is unique in the fact that you have to go back to it as a child.

Smith's Sword, from MC, was also great since you first task was to deliver it to the king, which he then gave it to you at the start of your quest.

Out of the series, Those three are the most memorable starter swords imo. The Smith Sword is my favorite.

Fig

The Altruist
My personal favorite starting swords are the Kokiri Sword, Wooden Sword, and Goddess Sword from Ocarina of Time, The Legend of Zelda, and Skyward Sword respectively! ^^

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Kokiri Sword from OoT every time. Its the only starting sword that has felt like an important blade rather than just waiting until you get the Master Sword like in TP or something better like in MM.

Pretty much this, but an honorable mention goes to the Kokiri Sword of MM -- I felt like, from the extension of Ocarina's backstory, that the Kokiri Sword doubled as a legendary blade despite it being not much more than a dagger. x)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom