• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Smash Game?

Favorite Smash Game?

• Super Smash Bros. (N64)

• Super Smash Bros. Melee (Gamecube)

• Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii)

• Super Smash Bros. (Wii U/3DS)

• Project M (Wii)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jedizora

:right:
Project M, it's not even a contest. It just... feels right. It has all the depth and techs of melee, but also feels less stiff. It's a really good mix of competitiveness, and casualness. Ike feels powerful, but also not as slow as in Brawl or Sm4sh. Plus, Marth's alt costume in Sigurd from Fire Emblem 4, which is a game that needs more recognition.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Melee is my most played, but for all its problems I think Brawl was my favourite. That was the first title I actually had lots of friends play with me and I can remember many a happy night spent playing Brawl! So, that. Brawl. I choose Brawl.

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
Melee is my favourite, as it improved on the original in almost every way. Brawl is also very good, but I found Smash got a bit hectic at Brawl, with random tripping and some annoying items. Smash 4 is complete chaos to me, on the other hand, so I didn't enjoy it nearly as much given the little time I spent playing it. The original is decent, but hasn't aged well, so I prefer Brawl over the original.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
literally a coin flip b/w brawl and melee honestly
while melee was childhood i have NEVER been as hype for a game as when brawl was coming out,and when it did come out
i am not exaggerating when i say i played that game daily for the first 2- 4 years of when i got it

....project m it is

Iridescence

Emancipated Wind Fish
5. Super Smash Bros / N64

Established the franchise and gave it is trademark set of mechanics, but later games did improve and dramatically expand on it's mechanics. It was a brilliant concept but this game itself, compared to later entries felt clunky and blocky - not very smooth.

4. Super Smash Bros for 3DS

Much of what it had to offer became obsolete once the Wii U version came out, but in absolute terms the mechanics are as refined/balanced as ever and portability makes tournaments easy.

3. Super Smash Bros Brawl / Wii

This one was hyped up and chewed out. Flaws aside, it added a lot of new features and character to the series, and the slower more methodical gameplay was a good contrast to Melee.

2. Super Smash Bros Melee / GCN

This was the biggest jump in the series, expanding with characters, and essentially creating a game that is equally fun in chaotic at parties and intricate combat in tournament play.

1. Super Smash Bros for Wii U

Despite me being burned out from Smash, this is objectively speaking the best game. Best graphics, best online, best mechanics, largest character cast, most balanced and the most features of any Smash game. This will be hard to top.

Sheik

:the:
Melee.

I will say it right now, going and playing Smash 4 right after playing a session of Melee is painful. You have so much more control over your fighter's movement in Melee, and it is so unequivocally satisfying to chain together attacks and drive your opponent across the stage, no matter how many times you do it. You have all this freedom, and then you play Smash 4, and it feels so... rigid in comparison.

And it's not just game physics either. Melee has all the content it needs. It has all the characters, stages, trophies, and game modes so that it can keep you satisfied and entertained without ever feeling like a cluttered cluster**** of... stuff, like what Smash 4 feels like to me sometimes. Not to mention, its music, sound effects, and graphics are all top quality.

So yeah, Melee is pretty swag.

Melee is by far the best. And my favourite.

PM is nice but it just feels like a fanboi and fangurl remake of Brawl putting in everything they want. Also PM does not have a PAL release so that hurts it further. I'd like to play PM properly one day and not just for the short time I was able to before. But that will never happen till they make good on their PAL release promise. I will not wait around for it as I could be waiting for years sadly.

I will rate all the games in the order I prefer them. 1 being the best. PM will not be listed as it's just a fan mod.

1. Melee (the best)
2. Brawl
3. 64
4. SSB4 (the worst) - But the right DLC to add in things like the classic mode as in 64/Melee/Brawl could redeem this game.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I like Melee best because it was the first SSB game I played with a lot of friends. I had fun with it but when I played with my stepbrothers they'd always beat me at it. Anyway the nostalgic feel was cool, and also it was the first SSB game to incooperate a lot of characters to choose from.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
N64- I don't have the cart and value it more for nostalgia than worth
Melee- Best fighter, but I'm not competitive level and I got it years after it came out
Brawl- So many memories, so many hours of fun, won my first Smash tourney on this game
3ds- small, hand-cramping, and lacking good graphics and features. Impressive for its console but a mere junior companion to wii u.
Wii U- got it the day it came out and left Jan 7 for Europe. Need more time to play it, though I've picked 4 amiibos in Europe I'll put to good use

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom