• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Metroid Game

Best Metroid Game

• Metroid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Metroid II: The Return of Samus

• Super Metroid

• Metroid Prime

• Metroid Prime 2: Echoes

• Metoid Prime 3: Corruption

• Metroid Fusion

• Metroid Prime Hunters

• Metroid: Zero Mission

• Metroid: Other M

• Undecided

• Total voters
Super Metroid is amazing, the atmosphere, the fun, the memorable levels and graphics. If it weren't for some of the more frustrating mechanics like shinespark and (for me) wall jumping it'd be a perfect game

Metroid as a franchise has never caught my attention all too much. What some people call "exploration", I call a complete lack of direction and lack of conveyance So, by default, the series is really hard to get into. The only two games in the series I've ever liked were Metroid: Fusion (my favorite one) and Metroid: Zero Mission. I completed both of these games with minimal help from any walkthroughs, whereas in Metroid 1 or especially Super Metroid, I had my face burried in a guide the entire time. I agree that Fusion could have been a little less anal in the exploration department, because I do love exploration. It's just that I don't like the way the Metroid series usually handles it. So I was completely fine with how Fusion told you where to go, and while Zero Mission gave me a tad more trouble, I still was able to beat it mostly without a guide.

hwrdjacob

The Nintendo Knight
I take it you haven't played Prime 1 2 or 3. The best part for beginners is P1 and 2 have a "Handholding" feature that can be toggled on and off. As far as I can tell, it works on a time delayed rythem, that is, it lets you explore for about 30 minutes before giving you the hints you'd need. Again, it can be turned off when you think you've got the hang of it. Prime 3 just holds your hand. And you can't shut it up. Ever. Just Admiral Dane constantly telling you to warp to the planet Phaaze and giving Fi a run for her money.

I'd go and get Metroid Prime Trilogy for the Wii if you are interested. It not only retcons certain aspects in a similar manner to ALttP GBA, but also adds new controls and bonuses that any fan would enjoy. You'll just need to download a patched save to an SD card if you want Green Credits.

P.S. the same thing could be said about Zelda 1+2.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I'd put Echoes above MP3. It really didn't add anything the Trilogy/New Play Control Versions didn't aside from Hyper mode and multiple planets. MP2 had tons of Super Metroid references (and even what are speculated to be references to it's inspiration, TLoZ:ALttP), so nostalgia. Yay!

I could see why youd put MP3 above it, given the Hyper Mode feature.

It's not that. I mainly put Corruption above Echoes because I feel like Corruption was much more connected to the overall Phazon plot than Echoes was - and it gave a very satisfying closure to the trilogy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom