• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Mario Game?

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
With Odyssey here, I've decided to make a new version of this thread. I can't believe no one has done this since 2015!

What is your favorite Mario game?

Mine is probably Super Mario Galaxy (I haven't played Odyssey)

My top 5 are as follows. Number 1 being my favourite.

1. Super Mario Galaxy
2. Super Mario Odyssey
3. Super Mario Bros 3
4. Mario Power Tennis
5. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Mine is Galaxy. I just love the concept of jumping from planetoid to planetoid and I think the music is standout.

Of the 2D marios. Super Mario World is my favourite. I just love the size and sheer number of secrets. It kept me occupied rather a lot as a young boy and I found it frustrating at times, but I still have good memories of it.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Sunshine is my favorite. I just love everything about it. The world, the way it looks, how it's like 64 in that you have different areas to go to to accomplish tasks, and the characters/story. The whole game just has a happy feel to it.

Honorable mentions would be Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door and Super Mario World.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
I also loved Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story. That game kept me the most occupied as a kid, but somehow I always look more fondly upon Galaxy. It's probably the Music.

Odyssey takes it for me.

I'm not in a honeymoon period, i honestly had more fun with Odyssey han i've had with a game in what feels like years. It was a thrill from beginning to end, truly an event game and i dont know if it could ever be topped for hype and sheer fun.

funnier6

Courage~
There are too many different categories of Mario, like I love Odyssey about equal to Galaxy on the 3D spectrum, and I love Super Paper Mario and I love M&L Boswers Inside Story and I love Super Mario Striker Charged and Mario Kart and I think that’s all the categories, Mario Maker is also great. >_>

Idk which is the best overall.

My favorite Mario is Super Mario World. While technically I like Mario world 2: Yoshi's island better idk if that counts as a mario game.

Oh yeah, Mario Maker! I actually have a lot of stars on that game
To date I'm the only person (I've seen) who made levels there where the only way to die is run out of time. Getting to the end though is not easy as it made you think quick through the puzzles before the 100 second timer ran out. I based the levels on the WarioWare Inc concept.
I've not seen an other level like it and I've seen thousands of different Mario Maker levels in game and advertised on youtube.

I also quite liked the music levels too. Crazy amounts of skill were used there to make those levels. Way more skilled than I.

I have to say I liked Mario Maker a lot and hope it's ported ot the Switch.

Here is one of our ZD members playing my both WarioWare level I made. It starts at approx 15:00
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMBhkaeDZHg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMBhkaeDZHg
Crimson Cavalier - "There are four levels in total, but they are very well designed, and some of the most unique I've played yet."

Last edited:

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I only started playing Mario Odyssey yesterday, so it's too early to put it on the list (though it's certainly going to go high on the list, I'm enjoying it immensely).

As for my favourites (not counting spin-off games like Mario Kart, etc, and on the fence on how to count Mario Maker, so leaving that one off as well), I go back and forth on the order of my top three Mario titles, simply because I feel they offer so vastly different experiences that it's hard to compare them.

Super Mario Bros 3, Super Mario World, Super Mario 64

Depending on my mood any of these three could go on any of the top three spots. SMB3 is king of the power ups (and secrets), took the original and just went to town. SMW scaled down the power-ups, but introduced movements, depth and Yoshi, plus it's immense in scale. SM64 just did such a great balance between world design and giving you the freedom to roam within each of them (one of my issues with the Galaxy games was how forced the linearity was).

Number 4 on my list is Super Mario 3D World. I know it isn't the only core title to have simultaneous play, but I guess I especially love that you can do this in a 3D Mario now. I've had a lot of fun with this one.

I do think Odyssey is likely to become my favourite because it does seem like such a great tribute to the history of Mario and give you a taste of what came before while giving you new things as well. But I will not name it a favourite yet. I have to properly play it first.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
To date I'm the only person (I've seen) who made levels there where the only way to die is run out of time
I have around 4 of those. No enemies, just obstacles (like one block gaps you must jump through), and a short time. My favorite, is one where it's nothing but Mario running, and there are one block jumps (like stairs, but randomly spread out). There are either 10 or 20 seconds to complete this (I don't remember which), and the trick is, that it is completely impossible to complete with more than like 0.001 seconds left on the clock. People died ON the flagpole (Because they never actually touched it). Everyone who beat it has the exact same complete time. It's VERY hard

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom