• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite/Least Favorite Dungeons

Favorite
Forest Temple (OoT)
Stone Tower Temple
Hyrule Castle (TP)

Least favorite
Most 2D dungeons

The Forest Temple from OoT is still my favorite dungeon in the series. The atmosphere is fantastic, the music still creeps me out and the boss fight is awesome as well.
2D dungeons are most of the times too easy and barely have any atmosphere.

Cartoonmaniac

Biggest Zelda fan this side of the South Pole
Favorites (in no particular order):

- Hyrule Castle (BotW)
- Dragon Roost Cavern (WW)
- Forsaken Fortress (WW)
- All Dungeons from ALBW
- Stone Tower Temple

Least Favorite:

- Snowpeak Ruins (TP)
- Forest Temple (TP)
- Tower of the Gods (WW)
- Inside Jabu-Jabu's Belly (OoT)
- City in the Sky (TP)
- Lakebed Temple (TP)

As for my favorite dungeon forest temple comes to mind. I liked the music, i liked the mechanics in there plus the boss fight was amazing. Another one of my favorite dungeons was hyrule castle in MC.

Now going to least favorite dungeons. It'd have to be turtle rock and the misery mire in Alttp. Confusing, counfounding and boring all mixed into one crappy package.

Yeah, the music in the Forest Temple (OOT) is great! Reminds me of the music from Adventure of Link, and that's a good thing.

Adventure of Link was my first Zelda game as a kid and will always be one of my favorites.

Being a retro player, I always liked the dungeons in The Legend of Zelda (NES) and the ones in Zelda II: The Adventure of Link.

Here is a small list of the dungeons I do not like in no particular order:

Forest Temple (OoT)

Water Temple (OoT)

Shadow Temple (OoT)

Turtle Rock (The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past)

The 5th Crystal Palace (AKA the ice one from The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past)

Every dungeon from The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Here is a small list of the dungeons I do not like in no particular order:

Forest Temple (OoT)

Water Temple (OoT)

Shadow Temple (OoT)

Turtle Rock (The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past)

The 5th Crystal Palace (AKA the ice one from The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past)

Every dungeon from The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Hmm. My favorite Temple is The OoT Forest Temple, and I also really liked the Shadow Temple and thought all of the MM temples were good.

Would you care to explain (Besides that you like the retro style)?

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Favorites
Top Favorites:
1.)Forest Temple (OoT)
2.)Temple of Time (TP)
3.)Snowpeak Ruins (TP)

Other Favorites:
Arbiters Grounds
Shadow Temple
Gerudo Fortress
Hyrule Castle (TP)
Great Bay
Stone Tower

Honorable Mentions:
Goron Mines
Forest Temple (TP)
Fire Temple
Spirit Temple
Water Temple (OoT)

Least Favorite
Jabu Jabu - By the time I get here I'm just done with the child portion. It's also kind of a pain to navigate.
Water Temple (TP) - It's tedious, it drags on and switching the stairs around is needlessly confusing for how simple it is. God help you if you forget to flip a switch and have to backtrack across half a dozen rooms. Ugh. And stomping up three stories of spiral stair with the iron boots traveling at the speed of moss.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Least favorite: most of TP’s dungeons. Also the Lanayru Mining Facility in SS, not because of the puzzles per se, but because your entire purpose for going there was to take a detour, and then this detour is full of smaller detours!! Frustrating.

Favorite: the Tower of Spirits from ST because of the awesome teamwork puzzles and combat with Zelda. I’ve been dying for more of that. And now Hyrule Castle from BotW as well, for the amazing atmosphere, the freedom you have in tackling it, and because it actually feels like real castle.

Favourites (in no particular order despite the numbering):
1) Forest Temple (OoT): Quite different from the other forest-themed dungeons, and wonderfully eerie. The atmosphere is unique for its setting, like a haunted castle or asylum-like area, the sounds of what sound like insane otherwordly laughter punctuating the background music, almost like the place is sentient. Add the twisted hallways and the falling ceiling and you get a real eldritch location. The boss is awesome as well.
2) Stone Tower Temple (MM): This place makes the Forest Temple look like every other building in the world. The idea of flipping the dungeon upside-down halfway through, thus adding something new to the exploration of places already entered, really makes it unique and challenging. It's a perfect representation of the weirdness present in the game. The history surrounding the area of Stone Tower also adds a lot more depth to the dungeon's context, making it even more interesting. The boss is okay by comparison but the fact that we have no idea where it's located contributes to the dungeon's bizarre nature and I like that.
3) Arbiter's Grounds (TP): Not only are the puzzles and obstacles challenging (solving and overcoming them whilst contending with quicksand and tricky enemies) but it makes you use the best of your abilities (Wolf Link) to progress. It has an interesting history behind it (an abandoned prison in the desert), the best use of its item (the Spinner, which was sadly underused afterwards) and both an excellent miniboss (a once-sealed demon wielding a giant sword) and boss (a revived dragon skeleton).
4) Palace of Winds (TMC): Now this dungeon really tests your abilities. It's challenging but not too much so (*cough, Great Bay Temple, cough*), and feels epic in scale, including the music. Plus, I love the concept of locations floating in the sky (I just prefer this over the City in the Sky in Twilight Princess because it has more to it).
5) Beneath the Well (OoT): I know the Shadow Temple's similar in tone and theme, but the fact you have to explore this place as a child, thus being less well-equipped than just before, makes you feel more vulnerable. Combine that with the dark history and implications (what the hell are tombs and a torture chamber doing beneath the village?!?) and the miniboss (that face...) and you're in for a terrifying experience.

Least favourites:
1) Great Bay Temple (MM): This place just makes the Water Temple look like a walk in the park by comparison. Just agony.
2) Inside Jabu Jabu's Belly (OoT): I can get over the grossness, it's just a bit too bizarre (especially with the cows in Master Quest).
3) Palace of Twilight (TP): I am a big fan of Twilight Princess, but I always look forward to this dungeon the least out of all of them. It's just not that interesting.

favorites:
Spirit temple (OoT)
Turtle Rock (LttP)
Great bay temple (MM)
Vah Ruta (BoTW)
Goron Mines (TP)
Eagle's tower (LA)
Wind Temple (WW)

least favorites:
Ice Palace (LttP)
The Lion (TLoZ)
Great Palace (AoL)