• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite/Least Favorite Dungeon in Twilight Princess?

My issue with the game when I first started playing it was that I thought it moved so slowly. The beginning of the game (the first few hours actually) were just so dull, right? The game starts to pick up a bit, and then a lot, and then, BAM, City in the Sky. For me that was the last straw, so I stopped playing. I picked it back up about two years later, started over, and it happened all over, in the same spot. BAM. City in the Sky. Probably 2-3 years later, I decided I had to finish the game. I owed to myself to try it.

I finally got over it, and beat the dungeon, and you know, I ended up appreciating the rest of the game a lot more. As a whole, I really enjoyed the game, but it has to be said that City in the Sky is one of the worst dungeons in the series. I am glad I beat the game, though, because overall the game is really good.
Twilight Princess is absolutely my favorite Zelda game, having played through 3 times, I agree the beginning is PAINFULLY slow, basically anything before you get all 3 pieces of the fused shadow is SO slow. but it picks up SUPER quickly after arbiters grounds and is wonderful, and then city in the sky happens. the whole dungeon is so slow and the colors are so bland and I hated playing through it so much. and from what i hear, it was the reason most people didn't beat the game.

How would you rank the 9 main dungeons on Twilight Princess?

Here's mine, with brief reasons:

1 - Snowpeak Ruins - Just has a really unique feel. Cool, creepy atmosphere. Interesting enemies and puzzles. Different concept that stands out.

2 - Arbiter's Grounds - Love desert dungeons in general. Just found it to be a good all-rounder, great fun with the spinner, fun boss, and creepy atmosphere.

3 - City In The Sky - Another very different dungeon and really interesting. Highly creepy music, giving the whole dungeon an eerie feel. Epic boss.

4 - Hyrule Castle - Absolutely love the outside courtyard bits, and love the graveyard too. Very atmospheric, love the rain and the complete lack of music. Just gives it a great atmosphere. The inside bits were ok but not as good IMO.

5 - Forest Temple - Generic dungeon, but it is still quite fun to play. Just wish it had a different name though, because it is nothing like OOT's Forest Temple.

6 - Lakebed Temple - An easy one to hate, but that's because it's frustrating, but other than this I found it quite interesting and fun in places. Liked the mini boss.

7 - Temple Of Time - A bit dull, and has poor music. They should have used the original OOT Temple Of Time music, like they did when you entered the dungeon. That would have been so much better. Controlling the statue was kinda fun though.

8 - Palace Of Twilight - Just an all-round below average dungeon really. Not much to like here, although some bits were cool, like getting the boss key, and I liked the Zant fight.

9 - Goron Mines - Not much to like here at all for me. Just found it annoying, as well as the boss, and the iron boots walking on the ceiling bits were way too slow.

I'm a sucker for the Forest Temple because how often is THAT your first in-game dungeon?!

For least favorite, maybe lakebed temple? I like it but when stacked up to the others it doesn't compare.

Tibari

Rinkuji
My favorite dungeon in TP is the Arbiter's Ground, as a child I wanted to set Link's house in this dungeon x)
My least favorite dungeon is maybe the Temple of Time since there is an awful part where you have to open/close gates while carrying a statue...

I really like temple of time and arbiters ground. The themes are cool, the bosses are cool and they have very unique items.

My least favourite is snowpeak because even though it does have a cool theme, boss and item the level design and enemies are so annoying.

Having finished Twilight Princess HD recently myself, I'm going to go with Snowpeak Temple. I loved the vertical design of it, the general ambiance (I'm a sucker for snow and ice), and come on... that ski'ing downhill? Just a terrific way to traverse the terrain of a mountain and have it make some sense.

TattooArtist

I'm the B and my boyfriend is the T in LGBT ❤
Just curious to hear opinions on this! My favorite would have to be the Temple of Time and my least favorite without a doubt is the Goron Mines. The Temple of Time had a super pretty color scheme and was filled with generic "shoot the thing" puzzles, but I really enjoyed the dominion rod and moving the statue to the entrance using ancient magic, I thought it was definitely a different concept, not quite as unique as snowpeak, but still different in its own way. I also enjoyed the entrance through sacred grove and hearing the temple of time theme from OoT, I could hear my little 12 year old self squealing all the way from 5 years in the future. There was just something about the look that looked very polished and clean. Definitely my favorite dungeon in the game. Also, I'm just going to say that I HATE the Goron Mines. Not saying that it's a bad dungeon, I just didn't enjoy it. I thought that the iron boots, for being used so much, moved too slow across the magnetic ceiling and walls. There was just something about this dungeon that seemed very dry and very slow to me, to where I was like "Am I almost done yet" when playing through it. It's absolutely not that it's a bad dungeon, I just didn't really enjoy it all that much. Also the music here sounded very clunky and was difficult to listen to. Same goes for the track played in City in the Sky. Palace of Twilight is also up there in my list of favorites, I don't know why, but I really genuinely enjoyed playing through it. The color scheme used was also very pretty and it was just very enjoyable for me.

My favourites are the Snowpeak and the palace of Twilight, my least favourite is the City in the Sky and Arbiters Grounds

WindFishTacos

"Look at those sideburns...that's true grit!"
Favorite: Arbiter's Grounds. The spinner was the most fun item to use in the game and it is so different from any other item in the Zelda universe.

Least Favorite: Lakebed Temple. I don't remember it being too difficult, just not as enjoyable to play through.

For me its a close call between Arbiters Ground and Snowpeak Ruins. The layout and feel of these dungeons really made the game. The ball and chain is great, and Blizzeta made using it that much better. The spinner is one of my Favorite Items, and whizzing around Arbiters grounds was kick ass.

My least favorite would be the Lakebed temple/ Goron Mines. Since Link can even walk in a straight line, I ended up in the Lava way more times than I'm willing to admit.
Water temples suck. All of them. Especially the Water Temple from OoT. This one wasn't THAT bad, but I still got lost countless times. It could just be me, and my incredibly bad Video Game skills, but these are my least favorites.

My favorite is City in the Sky. (best challenges, item, and boss)
Least favoritte in Forest Temple. (the infamous monkey dungeon)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom