• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Characters in Gaming

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
Games, some would argue, introduce characters that capture your emotions better than even books or literature because of the close interaction between you and the characters in game. Because of this, video games often leave us with lasting affection for our favorite of these characters.

Who are your favorite characters in gaming?

Mine are:
250px-Captain_Falcon_SSBU.png
Captain Falcon!
Aside from the fact that he is one of my mains in Smash, I absolutely loved him and his character design in the f-zero games.

Link_Artwork_1_(A_Link_to_the_Past).png
Link!
A classic character that I've grown to love from the Zelda series. He kind of represents the person I want to be. quiet, strong, and compassionate.

290px-Hanzo-portrait.png
Hanzo!
My favorite (and best) character from Overwatch. I love his design and backstory, his yearning for redemption.

D8a7tu_p5fv7eBnQWWlAL4fj04e2N1Ow.png
Hollow Knight!
This guy has a really cute design. I can't put my finger on it but something about him makes me love him a lot. maybe its the unique art style or the fact he's actually a bug idk but he's one of my favorites!

This changes for me a lot, but there are a handful of game characters I just really, really, adore. General list stays relatively consistent, with new entries being added as I play more games, but my absolute faves can fluctuate a bit depending on my current interests.

Current absolute favorite, above all others, is Traitor Lord from Hollow Knight. This one runs a little deeper than it probably should, for me, but I fell in love with him as a character the moment I encountered him, and everything else just fell in place as reasons to justify it later on. First impressions were just for how ****ing awesome he looked. And I was absolutely in love with the idea of him having been a former Mantis Lord. Love him. Can definitely see him staying at the top of my list for a long time.

Other current faves include:
Terrable from Rune Factory. A very precious apocalyptic plant dragon. With laser beams.
Ridley from Metroid. A very precious sadistic pterodactyl dragon. With laser beams.
Pure Vessel from Hollow Knight. A very precious construct who got thought patrolled. By laser beams.
Kaiser from Lord of Magna. An absolute ****ing asshole. Laser beams?

So many... a lot of characters I love play off others really well so I'll list games where i enjoy the entire cast.

Cast
Tales of Xillia
Tales of Berseria
Nier Automata
Kirby
Super Mario Odyssey
Ocarina of Time
The Wind Waker
Twilight Princess
ARMS
Bayonetta

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
Right now one of my favorite characters in a video game is Urbossa cuz she is beautiful, powerful and caring, especially to Princess Zelda after the loss of her mother.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom