• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Favorite Character(s)?

Brandikins

Airbending Slice!
I don't know if this thread already exists, but if it does, just merge this post into it, with the exception of this message of course. Thanks.

Skyward Sword definitely had some awesome character development and story. Personally, my favorite characters were Groose and Ghirahim. I'll explain both of them in one paragraph each. The main reason why I favorite these characters is due to their awesome development.

In the beginning of the game, Groose seemed simply like a common rival to Link. You know, acting better than him, being a bully, etc. But by the end of the game, he became much more heroic and respectful to Link, and everyone else. So in a nutshell, he goes from a cowardly bully, to a fine hero that ends up also going to the surface and helping Link in his quest, such as helping in the 2nd and 3rd Imprisoned Battles, and catching Zelda before fighting Demise.

Ghirahim...just awesome. When you first see him, he is more humanoid and goes easy on you. Near the end, however, he shows his true form and abilities. Basically, he goes from relaxed and a bit cocky, to enraged while showing off his true power and personality.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Link and Groose are my favorite characters.

Link really hasn't evolved much, but the development he DID get makes him feel like a separate character from the Link I'm so accustomed to. I loved the emotion he showed towards Zelda, I loved how he kept to himself when around Groose...just awesome.

Groose. Oh my gosh, I love him. He went from jerky bully character to awesome friend and partner of sorts. He was funny too, what with Grooseland and the Legend of Groose. It had a nice ring to it, too! :yes:

Skyward Sword is a game with a ton of awesome characters, so it's difficult for me to choose. I agree with you a lot Brandikins, about Groose and Ghirahim. They were some of the best characters in the game for sure. I loved how Groose changed over time and become a really admirable guy. Even early on when he was still a jerk, he was hilarious, and the funny aspect of his character never let up.

Still, for my favorite character, I gotta go with Ghirahim. He's pretty much the best villain of the series, in my opinion. He's stylish, creepy, funny, and cool. He's written exceptionally well, with some of the plot twists at the end of the game (which I won't spoil in this thread) tying in wonderfully with his early-game dialogue. Replaying everything, a lot of what he says makes a lot of sense, and you can tell they had his character all figured out when they wrote his early dialogue. The way he talks and acts is simultaneously funny and disturbing, sometimes more one than the other depending on the scene, and he's got a unique style and personality compared to other Zelda badguys that really sets up apart. I enjoyed his presence in the game and I'm really glad he appeared in virtually all the dungeons. :D

HyruleLove

Twilight Princess
I really enjoyed Groose. The way he started out as a prideful bully,and grew into a good friend, they made it so natural, it just worked! His sense of humor, and his theme music, too hilarious. I love when he tells Link something like this "Hey Link, when you see Zelda, tell her I said, Whats up? ". He was just awesome <3 I love him. They should rename the Faron woods, Grooseland xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom