• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Character from each race

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
There's multiple races throughout the Zelda universe. Some are very important, others...not so much. Some races are comprised of nameless monsters but others have characters with more important roles in the series. So, out of the races with actual characters...who are your favorites?

From the deku race, I really like the Deku Princess. We don't get to see her for too long, and she only appears in one game, but I've always liked her for some reason. Maybe it's her outfit or her personality, or both.

I've always been a big fan of the two main characters from the Rito race, Medli and Komali. I always liked Medli for her love of music and Komali for his character development, and how he becomes stronger throughout WW.

And you guys knew this was coming...Skull Kid from MM. He's so precious!!! And I feel so bad for him. His story breaks my heart every time. :(

So what about you guys?

Reactions: Dio
Ancient robots: Skipper (duh) I found His story quite sad.

Zoras: maybe Lulu

Deku scrubs: maybe The deku princess.

That's all I can really think of....

Last edited:

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Deku: Deku King
Gerudo:Ganondorf
Zora:Ruto
Kokiri:Saria
Sheikah:Impa
Hylian:Guru Guru
Twili:Midna
Rito:Medli
Goron:Gor Ebizo bruddah
Demon:Ghirahim

I like the Happy Mask Salesman but I don't know exactly what he is. I made a thread once showing him to be a demon once in the service of Demise, but that is not confirmed yet.

Last edited:

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Well I don't think I can pick a favourite from every race, but here are a few that I love.

Deku - Deku Butler

I like this character because of his story, and how sad it is. Most of the characters in the game, assuming you complete the notebook, end up having a happy ending. But this guy's story concludes with him crying at the sight of his dead son. I also like that he possesses a spiritual connection with Link, as Link actually bears the spirit of the Deku Butler's dead son in the form of a mask, which was used by the Skull Kid to turn Link into a Deku after the murder of the Deku Butler's son. It's a fairly subtle story, but imo one of the saddest in the series.

Goron - Darunia

Darunia is the first big Goron leader that we see in the franchise, and that right there makes him cool. But the main reason I love him is because he goes above and beyond to protect his people, the gorons, and, as a sage, all of Hyrule's people. When the gorons are taken and held captive in the Fire Temple by Volvagia, Darunia goes to the temple by himself, completely unarmed, essentially sacrificing himself in an attempt to save his people. That's true leadership. That's what defines a brilliant leader. Then he awakens as a sage and helps in the final battle against the King of Evil. He also has a deep admiration for Link, even going as far as to name his son after him. He's a great character that I feel many people often overlook as generic.

Zora - Ralis

Ralis's story is similar to the Deku Butler's story, only flipped and less personal. Similar to the Deku Butler's son, Ralis's mother was murdered by the game's villain, in this case Zant (although possibly Ganondorf) while Ralis was on his way to Castle Town, where he gets attacked and essentially comatosed. When he wakes up, he knows nothing of his mother's death, but he can feel her presence with him, which gives him the answers he needs. He then spends the rest of the game standing by the grave of both his mother and father, and helps Link along his quest. It's another really sad story, but in this case, I think the character is a little bit less likable and the story isn't nearly as subtle or heartbreaking.

Rito - Komali

It was a pretty close call between Komali and Medli, but after some thinking, I ultimately picked Komali as my favourite Rito. He's an extremely well developed character who I actually sometimes feel a personal connection to, as I see some real similarities between us. He's got a great personality and becomes really likable after he gets passed his #teenangst phase. He doesn't have a lot of stage presence in the game, but that's OK. We saw just as much of him as we needed so as not to oversaturate his character yet still keep him as a really cool, likable character.

Gerudo - Ganondorf

Need I even explain myself?

Twili - Midna

I could write an entire essay about Midna, but for the purpose of this post, I'll keep it brief. I've stated multiple times in the past that Midna is my favourite companion in the series, while not being my favourite character. She's easily my favourite twili though. Midna was originally the ruler of the Twilight Realm, before she was attacked and corrupted by Zant, the usurper to the throne. Losing her beautiful body and being turned into a small imp, she does everything that she can to overthrow Zant and protect her people. Originally seeming like a self-centred brat, not caring at all about Hyrule, she has some great development over the course of the game and eventually shows to have a deep care towards Hyrule and Link, even going as far as to sacrifice herself to protect Hyrule during the final battle against Ganondorf (which was the spark that reignited her true form). Knowing that having a direct portal to the Twilight Realm would be dangerous for Hyrule, and that the twili and the races of the light cannot coexist, she sacrifices her greatest friendship for the good of the land. She's a really deep character that I feel gets too much hate from people.

Hylian - Link

Cuz he's awesome.

Sheikah - Sheik

I know Sheik was only a disguise used by Zelda to hide from Ganondorf, but I think there is something more to this character. I like to believe that Sheik was once a real character, perhaps one of the ancestors of the Sheikah race, maybe having some sort of connection with Impa (from Skyward Sword). There is certainly a lot of mystery surrounding this character, which I think is really cool. He/she's also a ninja and looks badass af, so that helps.

Ancient Robot - Scrapper

"bzzzzzat Mistress Fi, I love you you're beautiful, Link you're an idiot gtfo"

I know I only named a small number of races, but these are the only ones that include truly standout characters for me.

Special shoutout goes out to Ezlo, who I only excluded because he's not technically a Minish anymore when we meet him, otherwise he'd definitely be on this list.

Last edited:

ectoBiologist

Still Fandom Trash
When it comes to the Twili, I can't really decide whether I like Midna or Zant. Midna is sorta like your Navi of TP, always there (For the most part), providing insight on situations, and even making you feel bad for her at points. On the other hand, Zant IS a villain, unlike Midna, whom was the original ruler of the Twilight Realm, but otherwise is a pretty awesome character. Especially when he finishes Ganondorf (Or, at least that's what it looks like). I can't begin to describe how epic that was.

Reactions: Dio

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
When it comes to the Twili, I can't really decide whether I like Midna or Zant. Midna is sorta like your Navi of TP, always there (For the most part), providing insight on situations, and even making you feel bad for her at points. On the other hand, Zant IS a villain, unlike Midna, whom was the original ruler of the Twilight Realm, but otherwise is a pretty awesome character. Especially when he finishes Ganondorf (Or, at least that's what it looks like). I can't begin to describe how epic that was.

I love Zant also. If it was combined with TP and his Hyrule Warriors appearance I'd be more swayed to pick him but I just like the development with midna throughout TP from where she is initially indifferent to link or even a bit of a *****, she eventually grows to like him and maybe even love him towards the end.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Deku: The Butler. Exactly for the same reasons Tristan has stated.
Zora: Ralis. Losing his mother and not knowing about it because he got hurt. It must have been an awful and horribkle experience to be saved and then find out your mother died shortly after you have been sent on a journey. And still he managed to listen to her and help Link on his quest. And at the end he can be seen doing hat he always loved to do. He picked up his life.
Goron: Darunia. This guy has emotions and he shows it. He isn't afraid to fight. He stands up against Volvagia even though it would be the last thing he ever did. Plus watching him dance is so damn funny. I loved him in OoT and I also love him in HW in which he shows the same fire and passion to defend those he cares about.
Rito: Quill. Quill shows he cares. He tells tetra how it is and that it was thanks to Link she was safe. Quill warns Link and tells him about the whereabouts of the Pirates. He also helps saving Link's life from Ganondorf's clutches.
Gerudo: Ganondorf. And I think it's pretty clear why.
Twili: Definitely Zant. Filled with hatred and jealousy and even though a puppet to Ganondorf he still managed to do so much evil and brought both Midna and Zelda on their knees. I do like Midna a huge lot. She is a fav character of mine but I like Zant more.
Hylian: Link. Just like Ganondorf this needs no explanation :P
Kokiri: Saria. The one who stands by Link's side and knew he was different but never pushed him aside. Seriously one of my most fav characters ever.

Deku: Deku Princess (I love her attitude with her father)
Goron: Darmani (Mostly because you play as him, but his backstory is interesting)
Zora: Mikau (Copy paste what I said about Darmani)
Rito: Medli (She is what makes the Earth Temple the best part of Wind Waker)
Korok: Makar (Copy paste from Medli, to a lesser extent)
Gerudo: Nabooru (I hate Ganondorf, and I don't have many other options. But since the Spirit Temple is cool, Nabooru is as well.)
Hylian: Link (Because you play as him! Plus, his many iterations are cool.)
Kokiri: Saria (Because she's cute. Plus, Mido, your other option, is a jerk.)
Mogma: All of them (Not one is particularly memorable, but they all are fun characters.)
Kikwi: The Elder (Not many to choose here.)
Twili: Midna (Being my favorite companion, I find her snarky attitude more interesting than Zant's craziness. Even if Zant's craziness is cool.)

ZeldafreakCJM

Hey there, it's me.
Deku: The Deku salesmen in Clocktown.
Goron: Darunia
Zora: Ruto
Rito: Medli
Kokiri: Saria
Gerudo: Ganondorf
Hylian: Link
Korok: The one who makes potions.
Kikwi: Yerbal
Twili: Midna
Mogma: Kortz I guess.
Yeti: Yeto
Sheikah: Impa

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Deku: Deku Butler, because of reasons stated above.
Goron: Biggoron because he's huge, gives you the best item of the game, and he is very memorable. He also has the worst little brother in existence.
Zora: Mikau. He plays the guitar, bangs hot Zora chicks, loves music, and provides a great backstory, set piece, and narrative to Great Bay. What's not to love?
Rito: Medli. Love that personality, you get to pick her up on a date, and she's hot.
Kokiri/Korok: Saria, duh
Gerudo: Ganondorf, more specifically, WW Ganondorf. He is amazing.
Hylian: SS Zelda. She truly felt like a friend, and she's just awesome.
Twili: Midna, duh
Fairy: Tatl, she is awesome and snarky. What's not to love?
Sheikah: Bongo Bongo. He has such an interesting and mysterious story.. I love it.

Twili: Midna
Deku: Deku Princess (I love the sounds she makes)
Zora: Mikau
Gorons: Darunia for his sweet dance moves
Fairies: Tatl (for being sassy and and a fairy companion that's not annoying for once)
Rito: Medli
Hylian: Spirit Tracks Zelda

That's all I can think of for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom