• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Books

C

Cobalt

My favorite book is Les Miserables by Victor Hugo. I was first introduced to the story via the musical based on the story. Being a huge music fan and book fan, I decided to delve into both versions. I took a week to read the book in it's entirety. It's translated from French, so at times it could be a difficult read. But it is by far one of the best stories ever told. By second favorite is The Divine Comedy by Dante Alighieri. Some of you may have heard of the first part of this: Dante's Inferno. I know it's required reading in a lot of high schools and college level courses. I took it upon myself to read the whole thing, including Purgatory and Paradise. John Ciardi's translation is the best if you're looking for an easy understanding of the text.

GerudoDesert

I love being gay.
My favorite book is Les Miserables by Victor Hugo. I was first introduced to the story via the musical based on the story. Being a huge music fan and book fan, I decided to delve into both versions. I took a week to read the book in it's entirety. It's translated from French, so at times it could be a difficult read. But it is by far one of the best stories ever told. By second favorite is The Divine Comedy by Dante Alighieri. Some of you may have heard of the first part of this: Dante's Inferno. I know it's required reading in a lot of high schools and college level courses. I took it upon myself to read the whole thing, including Purgatory and Paradise. John Ciardi's translation is the best if you're looking for an easy understanding of the text.

My brother has that book and just by looking at it makes me cringe. I love reading but big books like that make me nervous.

L

Link x Malon

Here is the thread to list your favorite books of all time.

Here are Mine:
The Lord of the Rings (the entire trilogy) an awesome series, epic and well written
Percy Jackson and the Olympians (all of them so far) really good series, and I like mythology :D
Harry Potter (whole series, again) this one's a given
Any Terry Pratchett book, he's a great author with many great books
Redwall. Now that one's for younger readers really, but I loved it when I was younger, and still like it because of that.

That's all I can think of right now.
those, except the LOTR books. they were shallow. shallow and pedantic. ha.

also, the Maximum Ride books. Dragonlance Chronicles, and Tales. The Legends of Lone Wolf, too.

I just finished reading The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, as well as the sequel, The Girl Who Played with Fire, and I'm about 1/4 way through the last one in the series. And wow, these books are phenomenal. The plots in all three are downright amazing, and all the plots intertwine and just when you expect something, something else crazy happens! They're my second favorite book series, and I recommend them to anyone who enjoys mystery thrillers.

Nicole

luke is my wife
Hmm, I have a few different books I really enjoy. Actually, series I enjoy. I love continuous stories. I also love fiction, fantasy, and sci-fi.

My favorite would have to be the Inheritance Cycle (Eragon) by Christopher Paolini. I love the magical aspect of the stories. They have a great mix of action, tragedy, romance, and humor. Plus, Paolini's writing style is fantastic. I also enjoy the Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan. I love mythology, and those books were chock full of it. Plus, they were cute and really funny. Now, I'm reading Riordan's spin-off series, The Heroes of Olympus. It's quite interesting to see the clash of Greek and Roman mythology. Let's not forget about Harry Potter! I love the Harry Potter series. They're simply great books, filled with magic and comedy. They're a bit more child-oriented than the Inheritance books, even though both series include similar themes of magic and fantasy.

My favorite book series when I was younger, though, was the Animorphs series. A total of 64 books in all; 54 main titles and 10 extras. Now, mind you, the main books were about 150 pages each. They weren't fifty-four 500 page books! :xd: Out of the 64 total, I've read 60. I was so obsessed with those books when I was younger. They were great, with a lot of action, but a somber feel. Plus... epic series cliffhanger. 'Nuff said.

There are many other books I really enjoy, but those are some of the most prominent in my mind.

Ghosi

Schmetterling
My favorite books.... I have plenty, but these are just a few memorable ones:

- Stargirl and Love, Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli - There is something about this book I love. It just radiates a "be yourself" message.
- The Time Cat by Lloyd Alexander - Adventure time through history! One of my favorite things to do.
- Eclipse of the Cresent Moon (Egri Csillagok) by Geza Gardonyi - What can I say. It combines both Hungarian history, because it is a fictional novel, and action right through what somebody would have done in a person's view living at the time. It is just a beautiful and great story.
- The Twelve Kingdoms by Fuyumi Ono - My favorite series. I stumbled upon it by accident and loved it ever since. It tells of a magical land parallel to ours, which made my fantasy spin wild. I have seen the TV series based on the books, but I don't think it was as good as the book.

T

TalesOfFan

I really not very interested in fiction, but I do enjoy a good nonfiction book every now and then. My favorite book would have to be God is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything by Christopher Hitchens, but I really love everything that Hitchens writes. His memoir, Hitch 22 is also a great read, as is his short book on Mother Theresa, The Missionary Position. I'm also really into history and right now I am reading a book put out by Oxford Press on the Russian Revolution. I got it and My Life by Leon Trotsky as a gift from my Latin teacher for graduation. There both great books.

TriforceHunter

Forever I am Abandoned
Im not a very heavy reader, I used to read a bunch of books from the Lybrary when I was in Middle School though.

My favorite would have to be 1984, it's like Half-Life but without guns.

I also liked Of Mice and Men and the Grapes of Wrath.

Im a big fan of Percy Jackson but I never read the last one and I haven't had a chance to read the new series by the creator. Same with Diary of a Wimpy kid and Vladimir Tod I read the first few and I havent read the last ones that came out.

Of course, there's the Lord of the Rings trilogy, plus The Hobbit. I got into those books when I was in grade school, and I've never stopped loving them. They're classics. Same with the Harry Potter series; I started reading them before they got so popular, and even now that I'm older they are among my favorites. Besides that I enjoy a lot of Dean Koontz's books. I like his writing style, and he's very good with the suspense and mystery and unexpected twists. Also, Jean Plaidy; I've read most of her Tudor era novels. And Jodi Picoult. Her books are very moving.

I should probably read more. But all of these are fantastic:

Book:

Anything by Patrick O'Brian, 1984 by George Orwell, Lisey's Story by Stephen King, Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkein.

Manga:

Bleach, Death Note, Gintama, Mushi-Shi

Graphic novel:

Watchmen (caution, 17+)

Keyari

翼のエルフ
Wow, so many great books out here in the world. I'll post some of my favorites:

The Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings by Tolkien, Maximum Ride series by James Patterson, Hunger Games series (forgot the author atm), The Chronicles of Narnia series by Lewis, and a whole bunch of other series.

May edit later...

H

Heroofwolves

Some of mine would be
Lord of The Rings
The Hobbit
Redwall
The chronicles of Narnia
Harry Potter
Dracula
The Princess Bride

Users who are viewing this thread