• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Farosh, Naydra, and Dinnral...Zonai!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I'm not a fan of the idea. Heck, I wasn't a fan of Zelda's transformation in Totk. The game spends half its flashbacks talking about how you can't turn back if you eat your magic pebble and turn into a dragon, but then the game just... has the Zonai turn her back without any explanation as to how. It makes the dragon's look especially silly if they could have been changed back at any time.
I agree with you on this one. I think there should have been a whole third game. End TotK with Zelda trapped as a dragon. Let us feel that sacrifice. Then, open the next game with a reveal that there just might be a way, which leads Link on a whole journey to bring Zelda back. There could even be an end credits scene, in TotK, teasing this remote possibility.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I agree with you on this one. I think there should have been a whole third game. End TotK with Zelda trapped as a dragon. Let us feel that sacrifice. Then, open the next game with a reveal that there just might be a way, which leads Link on a whole journey to bring Zelda back. There could even be an end credits scene, in TotK, teasing this remote possibility.
I guess I'd rather she just stay a dragon. Double down on the fact that it can't be undone. She sacrifices herself for the betterment of others and there's no coming back from that, and Link has to accept that outcome.

Last edited:
I guess I'd rather she just stay a dragon. Double down on the fact that it can't be undone. She makes sacrifices herself for the betterment of others and there's no coming back from that, and Link has to accept that outcome.
I would prefer that to the ending we did get. I also appreciate the fact that Zelda is a big part of the Zelda series, and that the public really likes their happy endings. With a third game to fix Zelda, it would make everyone work for it, rather than having it handed to us. Insert the "Because a wizard did it" meme.

Zelda turns into the light dragon for she has the power of light and time light was stronger in her so she turned into the light dragon. tell me anything you think about this for this is my first theory. I'll ad more info to this when I think of it
This is a great theory! Zonai are said to be descended from the gods, and dragons throughout the series have been shown to be as close as you can get to godhood (in Skyward Sword and Wind Waker). The three dragons must have had secret stones (presumably for fire, ice and lightning), which means there must be more than seven secret stones. There are also three Dark Leviathan skeletons below the Leviathans that look have the same type of lengthy dragon body; perhaps these were also Zonai? Finally, there is the Zonai god who gifted the Rito the Stormwind Ark.

This gives us 9 known Zonai:
Rauru: Light
Mineru: Spirit
Dinraal: Fire
Naydra: Ice (water?)
Farosh: Lightning
Eldin Dark: ???
Hebra Dark: ???
Gerudo Dark: ???
Stormwind: Wind

The missing Zelda sage elements are forest, shadow, time, and earth/snow. Lightning is either filling in for shadow or earth/snow in TotK. Perhaps the Dark Leviathans were the forest, shadow and time Zonai?

I'm not a fan of the idea. Heck, I wasn't a fan of Zelda's transformation in Totk. The game spends half its flashbacks talking about how you can't turn back if you eat your magic pebble and turn into a dragon, but then the game just... has the Zonai turn her back without any explanation as to how. It makes the dragon's look especially silly if they could have been changed back at any time.
I'm pretty sure it's either recall or a Triforce wish.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I'm pretty sure it's either recall or a Triforce wish.
But it isn't explained or even hinted at. We've been told several times is irreversible, but then the transformation is just reversed without any sort of explanation. No one questions it. That's just some awful storytelling.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom