• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Fanons or Assumptions that just drive you crazy

Djinn

and Tonic
What strange things that fans widely invented/believe in media just pisses you off the most?

Starting with,

Naruto:
  • He wears all orange because the village secretly wants him to be seen and killed

Star Wars:
  • The Jedi are all evil and steal children for their own goals
  • Empire is completely incompetent

Or anytime a protagonist is considered to be irredeemably evil because of a common or ordinary flaw.
Anytime X series is assumed to be a dream of one of the main characters.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
There is nothing really like that that drives me crazy. I like it when people look into things and find hidden meanings that probably weren't intended.

It is only when certain individuals start stating their theories as facts and bashing others for disagreeing that this becomes problematic.

pyjamas5189

Secretly a cat
I quite like reading peoples crazy fan theories about shows especially something like game of thrones. It makes me rewatch it and think hmmm maybe they could be right? I do think though some people get very protective of their theory and state it as fact even if canon has proven otherwise.

It drives me off the wall that so many people adhere to the belief that Link is dead in Majora's Mask. There is no evidence that suggests this is even a possibility. The only reason this theory has been mainstream is thanks to Game Theory and their false claims.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I gotta agree that theories about the series being a dream are awful. It's such a cop-out and cliche theory because it just explains everything away. Also all the theories that make cartoons seem way darker than they really are. Like the one about all the other Rugrats being a figment of Angelica's imagination because they all died (which doesn't even make any sense) and the one about the kids in Ed, Edd, n Eddy being dead. I mean, I love when cartoons deal with some more serious/darker themes, but not when people try and make the whole show to be something it's not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom