• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Family Christmas Traditions

Conor

the over analysing guy
I know it rather early for this but I'm very easily excitable when it comes to christmas :P
Anyhow, what traditions does your family have, if any?
For example, for as long as I can remember every christmas eve, my dad, or my last step dad, or my current stepdad have stayed up watching a family christmas movie, normally something like home alone, with a pork sandwich and a small glass of champagne.
Then me and my sister (although I have a new sister this year, her first christmas :)) get to open the present our aunty gives us every year, which is a set of really nice pyjamas, we put the mince pie and milk on the surface for santa and a carrot for rudolph.
On christmas morning me and my sister wake up stupidly early and look in our stockings, then pester our parents till they wake up, open our presents (one's from Santa on the sofa, ones from family under the tree)
we have a cooked breakfast, go over someone's house later normally my aunty or nan (grandmother for those of you who aren't familiar with that term) and have an amazing christmas dinner (I love meat.)Watch the Queen's speech. The rest is spent partying and then using all my new stuff and eating chocolate :D
so what about you guys, particularly people in other countries as I'm interested to see how different it is there.

Well, me and my sister (my brother doesn't do this anymore because he's 20) open 1 present each on Christmas Eve. Then we get up at about 8 or 8:30 in the morning to open our other presents. Then we go to my grandparents' house for Christmas dinner. Nothing special.

We spend Christmas Eve with my father's side of the family. Hang out, catch up, open presents, that sort of thing. Then on Christmas morning, we open presents at home, and then go over to my grandmother's house to spend Christmas with my mother's side of the family. Then, in the evening, we go over to one of our friend's house.

I get excited for Christmas early too :yes:
Well, on Christmas Eve, we go to my aunt's apartment where I usually eat so much I get sick . . . yeah, it's almost a tradition for methat every Christmas Eve, I throw up.
Anyways, we exchange gifts, and after getting back from my aunt's, we light a candle and sing "Silent Night" and then read The Night Before Christmas together in front of the tree.
I then go to bed, get sick, don't sleep, wake up and run downstairs immediately xD
My mom usually cooks a huge breakfast, waffles or something, and she insists every Christmas to make sure the kitchen is absolutely spotless before opening gifts . . . I'm usually in the living room waiting and waiting -.-
THEN my mom HAS to put her makeup on, because of course we'll be taking pictures, so that's another 20 minutes.
Then, we open gifts, woohoo, and I spend a few hours enjoying my presents ^.^
Something I really don't like that we do every year is go across the state to visit my aunt (not the same as Christmas Eve one) and the rest of my family. It sounds selfish, but I'd rather stay home and relax on Christmas than have to worry about getting dressed up, etc. However this year, my mom is thinking about staying home for Christmas instead, which I'd love :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom