• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Fallout Series

Kybyrian

I'm not sure if many of you have heard of the Fallout series, but I know there have to be some of you out there. I'm talking to you, Kaz. ;) For some reason I never heard of Fallout much until Fallout 3 came out, and even then I hardly heard about it. As soon as I played a game in the Fallout series, though, I instantly couldn't keep away from it.

I spent hundreds of hours playing Fallout 3. The games are so huge and it never gets old. The DLC in Fallout 3 kept you playing even longer. There were so many weapons, so much armor, so many quests, so many things to do in every single little part of the world.

Now I'd like to move on to Fallout: New Vegas. Soon, this game will be coming out. I've already pre-ordered my copy. I have a feeling the game will be even bigger and better than Fallout 3 was. I haven't heard a ton about the game, but nor have I been reading up on it. I'm very anxious for this game to come out, and am almost dying from the excitement.

Fallout has to be one of the greatest series ever created, and over 9000 internets to the wonderful minds who came up with this idea and contributed to it.

i have only played fallout 3 and the DLC but i want to play the first two cuz they apparently are nothing like fallout3
which is kinda cool, im also really looking forward to new vegas, i have yet to play it but so far it heard it is awesome :D
the only problem i have with the game is the glitches
because the world of fallout is so big it glitches alot for me
like per say im at the end of a mission and then the game glitches, oooo makes me so mad...
but oh well
another thing i never heard of fallout till fallout 3, BUT the makers of fallout 3 are not the same as the makers of the first 2, that is probably why they are so different.

Anubis

The most inactive active
I've played so much FO3 that I almost ate my computer screen when I got NV, I've played through NV now and have already started making my mods for the game. :) Btw have you guys bought NV yet? :)

Kybyrian

I got New Vegas the day it came out, and I absolutely love it. New Vegas is one of the best games I've ever played. A lot of it may be recycled from old games, but the whole layout and story are what counts. The minor changes are enough for me. I love the new story and setting. The setting, especially. The wasteland this time around and the various places in it seem so much better than the previous Fallout games. The Nightkin are pretty cool, and it was awesome having one of them follow me around, especially when she was calling me her grandson all the time. Oh that schizophrenia...

Anubis

The most inactive active
I got New Vegas the day it came out, and I absolutely love it. New Vegas is one of the best games I've ever played. A lot of it may be recycled from old games, but the whole layout and story are what counts. The minor changes are enough for me. I love the new story and setting. The setting, especially. The wasteland this time around and the various places in it seem so much better than the previous Fallout games. The Nightkin are pretty cool, and it was awesome having one of them follow me around, especially when she was calling me her grandson all the time. Oh that schizophrenia...
Haha, are you traveling with Lily? XD I go for Boone and ED-E! :D Btw do you play on Hardcore or not? :) I do, I think hardcore was one of the best parts of NV. :)

Kybyrian

Hardcore was one of my goals after I beat the game. Mainly for the achievement, partially for the challenging factor. Like I said, though, I'm lazy. Black Ops is coming out in a few days, so I imagine I won't have much time to play New Vegas seeing as how I'll be absorbed in that game's multiplayer for quite a while. I am traveling with Lily, by the way. :P I knew I'd get on the bad side of the NCR later in the game, anyway, so I just left Boone to wait somewhere. Heck, I don't even remember where. For some reason, though, I still hear Veronica saying she's about to die while I travel with Lily... guess I better go recruit her again and try to fix that little problem.

The first time I went through the game I just destroyed Mr. House and wasn't satisfied with my ending, so I went back and did some stuff with the Boomers and all that. I have a sense of adventure, but it isn't showing quite as much in New Vegas as it was with Fallout 3. I completed a whole ton of sidequests in Fallout 3, but not so far in New Vegas. The guns are fantastic, and the mods are a good change from the last game. I really like installing some of the mods. The Anti-Materiel rifle is personally one of my favorites, but that's because I like sniper rifles. I don't have enough AP to use VATS targeting mode with it, unfortunately.

Anubis

The most inactive active
Hardcore was one of my goals after I beat the game. Mainly for the achievement, partially for the challenging factor. Like I said, though, I'm lazy. Black Ops is coming out in a few days, so I imagine I won't have much time to play New Vegas seeing as how I'll be absorbed in that game's multiplayer for quite a while. I am traveling with Lily, by the way. :P I knew I'd get on the bad side of the NCR later in the game, anyway, so I just left Boone to wait somewhere. Heck, I don't even remember where. For some reason, though, I still hear Veronica saying she's about to die while I travel with Lily... guess I better go recruit her again and try to fix that little problem.

The first time I went through the game I just destroyed Mr. House and wasn't satisfied with my ending, so I went back and did some stuff with the Boomers and all that. I have a sense of adventure, but it isn't showing quite as much in New Vegas as it was with Fallout 3. I completed a whole ton of sidequests in Fallout 3, but not so far in New Vegas. The guns are fantastic, and the mods are a good change from the last game. I really like installing some of the mods. The Anti-Materiel rifle is personally one of my favorites, but that's because I like sniper rifles. I don't have enough AP to use VATS targeting mode with it, unfortunately.
I destroyed Mr. House too! :D So now Im the master of the Strip, thank you Yes man! Too bad I cant work with Yes man no more. :S Stupid NCR wont let me do their quests if I continue to work with Yes man. Im about to do the Boomer quest but Im not ready yet. I wanna explore some caves and mines around the waste first. x) I like the Anti-Materiel rifle too, but Im currently using the Gauss Rifle. (I love both the Scope and the projectiles!) Its too bad though that both the Anti-Materiel rifle and the Gauss Rifle doesnt have any weapon mods... I dont use VATS so much cuz I wanna survive with skills not with AP points, hehe. Btw didnt Black ops get released today?

yotam

Leave the chocolate here
I never heard of fallout until last year. I got a friend and his favorite series is fallout and I've seen this game and heard so much about it and now this friend own New Vegas and it look so great! So I borrowed fallout 3 from him and apparently my computer isn't good enough for this game, so sad. He gave me copies of Fallout 1 and 2, I just need to find time and play those but they just don't seems to be as great as fallout 3.
Maybe next year ill get a new computer and ill play fallout 3.

Anubis

The most inactive active
I never heard of fallout until last year. I got a friend and his favorite series is fallout and I've seen this game and heard so much about it and now this friend own New Vegas and it look so great! So I borrowed fallout 3 from him and apparently my computer isn't good enough for this game, so sad. He gave me copies of Fallout 1 and 2, I just need to find time and play those but they just don't seems to be as great as fallout 3.
Maybe next year ill get a new computer and ill play fallout 3.
Nice, but I have noticed some people on the NewVegasNexus.com is apparently working on porting the world of Fo3 to NV so if I were you I would wait to see if that project goes anywhere or if its dead before I waste alot of cash on Fo3. :) Btw if you like RPGs and RPGs with alot of options? Then the Fallout games are just for you! :D I like to customize so incredible much so Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas is my two kind of dream games. However I've never tried Fallout 1, 2 or Tactics just saw when one of my cousins played Fo2 or if it was tactics, it looked like som bad clone of an offline Diablo II.

Kybyrian

Had to post this here... I don't have the PC Version, unfortunately, so I can't install mods or anything of the sort, but I thought this was amazing and interesting. One of my friends created this mod and recorded it not long ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShBPqWjSu3Y

Something like that would halfway kill my computer. On his, which he built himself and is optimized to the best of his budget, the frame rate dropped to 9 FPS on the highest quality with a couple improved graphics mods installed. Lucky him.

On another little side note, have you seen any mods around that are pretty interesting? A lot of the big fans of the game have already finished the game and are starting to break out their modding skills. I only wish I had the PC version sometimes. Though I don't think that my computer is the best for gaming. It could handle it somewhat, though. I'm kind of fine with my Xbox 360 version, anyway. I don't play games like this for long enough with all of the new and great games coming out. I played the last Fallout for over 200 hours if you count the multiple save datas, but considerably less on this one. Just a total of 30 something hours, maybe even in the late 20s. Black Ops comes out tomorrow and New Vegas will be forgotten.

Anubis

The most inactive active
Had to post this here... I don't have the PC Version, unfortunately, so I can't install mods or anything of the sort, but I thought this was amazing and interesting. One of my friends created this mod and recorded it not long ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShBPqWjSu3Y

Something like that would halfway kill my computer. On his, which he built himself and is optimized to the best of his budget, the frame rate dropped to 9 FPS on the highest quality with a couple improved graphics mods installed. Lucky him.

On another little side note, have you seen any mods around that are pretty interesting? A lot of the big fans of the game have already finished the game and are starting to break out their modding skills. I only wish I had the PC version sometimes. Though I don't think that my computer is the best for gaming. It could handle it somewhat, though. I'm kind of fine with my Xbox 360 version, anyway. I don't play games like this for long enough with all of the new and great games coming out. I played the last Fallout for over 200 hours if you count the multiple save datas, but considerably less on this one. Just a total of 30 something hours, maybe even in the late 20s. Black Ops comes out tomorrow and New Vegas will be forgotten.
Epic, but a ''little'' OP. :P

MOTLEYlink

...No your other left
Ive never played any Fallout game, so I dont know much about them but Fallout New Vegas looks pretty sexy lol. (maybe not the best word for it but.....) Im thinking about getting Fallout 3 this weekend.

I hated Fallout 3 with a passion, but New Vegas is so damn awesome. My big complaints with Fallout 3 was that there wasn't enough to do since everything is all destroyed, and for an open world game you have to travel through underground metros filled with ghouls for most of it. To top it off, the game has a god-awful story and uninteresting side quests.

New Vegas is everything Fallout 3 isn't. Las Vegas survived thanks to the Hoover Dam, so the city is still alive and well. The world is bigger than Fallout 3, with 200 locations (100 in Fallout 3), a super cool wild west theme, and 163 side quest lines. To make it even more awesome, tensions are escalating between the New California Republic and a group called the Legion -- the NCR controls the Hoover Dam and wants to control New Vegas as well, and the Legion go around pillaging towns as they get ready for an all-out attack on the Hoover Dam. Of course, there are multiple storylines so you can become a Legion, join the NCR, take over New Vegas yourself, and more.

Anubis

The most inactive active
I hated Fallout 3 with a passion, but New Vegas is so damn awesome. My big complaints with Fallout 3 was that there wasn't enough to do since everything is all destroyed, and for an open world game you have to travel through underground metros filled with ghouls for most of it. To top it off, the game has a god-awful story and uninteresting side quests.

New Vegas is everything Fallout 3 isn't. Las Vegas survived thanks to the Hoover Dam, so the city is still alive and well. The world is bigger than Fallout 3, with 200 locations (100 in Fallout 3), a super cool wild west theme, and 163 side quest lines. To make it even more awesome, tensions are escalating between the New California Republic and a group called the Legion -- the NCR controls the Hoover Dam and wants to control New Vegas as well, and the Legion go around pillaging towns as they get ready for an all-out attack on the Hoover Dam. Of course, there are multiple storylines so you can become a Legion, join the NCR, take over New Vegas yourself, and more.
Fallout 3 was supposed to be like that, everything destroyed and all. New Vegas is like ''chapter 2'' its been more time so people have had chances to build things up again. But I gotta agree with you, Fallout 3 is **** compared to New Vegas. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom