• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Falconry

Do you think (not want, think) there will be Falconry in ZSS?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
In TP, there were these weeds that can be blown to play a tune because of the way the weed was carved. That tune aloud Link to control all nearby Falcons. I think there was a similar thing in TWW with the seagulls. Here is my question do you think (not want, think) it will be in ZSS? Personally, I think the Beetle will replace Falconry, but it is still possible. Like, maybe in areas were you can't use items. (It has been confirmed that there will be parts in the game that you won't have items.)

Beeker

Wild Card
I don't think the falcon will be used in SS, mainly because of the Beetle. The Beetle does the same job as the falcon does, with the ability to move around instead of just a straight line.

I don't think the falcon will be used in SS, mainly because of the Beetle. The Beetle does the same job as the falcon does, with the ability to move around instead of just a straight line.

Agreed. There's really no reason to put the falcon in the game, or are they going to create it just to put at a few portions of the game? (well, basically TP did that, but...)

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
I wish they had done more with the Falcon and made it like how they are making the Beetle. I think the Falconry was a very cool point in the game.

green goron

Best of the Gorons
I don't think so because with the falcon you could only go in a straight line and with the beatle being able to move around as well as pick and drop bombs its not necessary.

Kybyrian

I think it could be a pretty neat idea. For the most part it will be replaced by the beetle, but for times when you don't have your items I could see it as pretty useful. Maybe even used for hidden secrets or something in those areas. I think it was pretty cool in Twilight Princess, and they could still use it in Skyward Sword. They could add this and so many other things to the parts where you lose your items.

M

MegaLink

I don't think they're will be, I sorta wish there would be. But I think it would be neat if it was included.

David

But you called me here...
Well, I think that there won't be a Falcon in SS. But as others have said, it would be interesting if they could incorporate it and make it more important than it was in TP. I would really like to see the falcon again.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
I dont think SS really has a need for falconry, because of the beedle. It basically uses the same camera view and mechanics as the falcons from TP but makes it an item which is much more accessable. Falcons were cool in Ordon but they could have expanded on it a lot more like added falconry in dungeons and such. I think that's what they are trying to do in SS, expanding on some things that we saw in previous games, clearly one of the games that resembles SS is TP so in a way SS is like a TP 2.0 but not really... since there are many other games that SS draws from, like WW with it's seagulls.

For some reason I think SS is gunna be like TP+WW+MM+OoT in many different ways. all wrapped up in one big Wii game. drools

You guys, you loose your items some times, so it is possible that you don't have the beetle and you have to use a falcon, but falcons may be able to go in non-straight lines in ZSS.
Yes, I know. But the fact that the Beetle is even more useful makes it incredibly unlikely the falcon would appear in areas of the game that restrict usage of your items. Think about it, if there was a part of the game that made you unable to use an item, why would they instead give you the ability to do the same thing in a different way? Isn't that completely pointless? Granted, I could imagine some ways it could work out, but mainly PRIOR to acquiring the Beetle. Kind of like using Bomb Flowers prior to actually acquiring Bombs.

As for the concept of falconry in general, I never really liked it. In Twilight Princess it was just tacked on. Why bother implemented a gameplay element like that without really using it? You only used the falcon in a handful of scenarios, so it was really quite pointless. I'd rather not see it unless it's a fleshed out system, which the Beetle is.

And I would not call the seagulls falconry. They were a lot different IMO. Actually, in a way the Beetle is more like the seagulls than the falcon.

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
I don't want, nor do I think, the weed will appear in SS. It was a nice addition to TP to get small items that you needed. It looks like you'll be able to jump from the trailer, so I would think that Link would be able to reach a lot more than he would without catching it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom