• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Exploring the Unexplored

What briefly touched upon concepts regarding gameplay and/or story would you like to see explored further in future Zeldas?

For example, story-wise, I would like to hear more about how alternate dimensions/realities like Termina and the Ocean King's realm work in tandem with Hyrule.

With regards to gameplay, I would like to see more complex and rhythm-based swordplay/combat as shown slightly in The Wind Waker.

I would like to see something like the hidden skills in TP. But maybe have them be more complicated.

As for story concepts, I would like to see more of Link's past.

I'd like to know more about the Sheikah. I thought Skyward Sword was going to go into that more but it didn't. I wanted to know more about Lorule and their Tri-Force but it wasn't really detailed either. I also really like the hidden skills in Twilight Princess. More stuff like that would be nice to make the combat more fun.

I side with the skills, especially if there were somewhat complicated ones! I liked finding them but also felt that they were simple to execute; it was almost frustrating that I couldn't just have them from the beginning of the game.

I mixture of the hidden skills from TP and the counter system from WW would be fantastic. i would love to see them build on that and make it deeper.

I would also like the game itself to be harder if they make the combat deeper. If not it could make the system redundant.

Whilst I woud love to see a return to termina or kohilint, Nintendo's general avoidance of outright sequels is partially responsible for the sheer variety of adventures we have explored throughout the decades, and even the "sequels" we have been granted tend to have vague ties to their predecessors. mm can easily be played with no prior experience with oot, and the same could be said of ph and lbw. After what we have thus far seen, I look forward to whatever bizarrofest they have in store with botw.

That being said, I would love for them to release a pen and paper rpg including the many races, timespans, worlds, dimensions, etc, preferably with the involvement of Akira Himekawa.

Last edited:

WindFishTacos

"Look at those sideburns...that's true grit!"
I would like to see the Picori explored more, even if it is just one Picori as a side character that helps Link.

Cartoonmaniac

Biggest Zelda fan this side of the South Pole
The origins of the Ocarina of Time would be pretty cool to see. What if the Ocarina of Time, the Wind Waker, the Goddess' Harp, the Harp of Ages, and the Spirit Flute are all connected???

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I want to see them go more in-depth with the world as a whole, not just Hyrule. What else is out there? What do these other countries have to say about all the crazy shenanigans that keep happening in Hyrule? I get, from a development perspective, it's not exactly realistic to include the world as a whole, but like, have people from other countries come to Hyrule and do stuff more often. Make it so that everything isn't isolated within Hyrule and only affects Hyrule. I want to see the world treated as a cohesive world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom