• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Exactly what you expected

I was gonna limit this to just games but thought including everything else would be better.

Have you ever seen a trailer or read an exerpt and had a pretty clear idea of the product?

Did you kind of assume how it would play, what would happen and how fun it'd be right off the bat... and then be completely right about it?

What have you played/read/watched etc that gave you exactly what you expected?

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I would say most Pokémon games since Gold and Silver have been this way. I pretty much know how the games are going to play and what's going to happen, and the few new features are usually promoted heavily in the advertising for a new Pokémon game anyway.

That is one thing I really like about the Pokémon games. They're fairly consistent and you know more or less what you're getting, they just add a few new twists and build on what's come before every generation. Changes are generally gradual rather than extreme or revolutionary.

Every. Single. Sodding. Superhero. Film since Iron Man 2. Theyre all boring and predictable. Seeing a trailer is enough for me to know what is going to go down.

I always know what i'm gonna get out of a Warriors game too but that isnt a bad thing since i quite enjoy them.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Oh yes this happens often with trailers. I saw the trailer of Alien Convenant and I immidiatly knew it was going to be rubbish and it was indeed. I saw thew trailer of Life and the first thing I thought was "well hello Alien rip off" and yep (although I liked the ending a bit).

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
Every. Single. Sodding. Superhero. Film since Iron Man 2. Theyre all boring and predictable. Seeing a trailer is enough for me to know what is going to go down.

I always know what i'm gonna get out of a Warriors game too but that isnt a bad thing since i quite enjoy them.

I actually have to agree with this, although I enjoy those kinds of films. I mainly watch them for the characters though, as I'm interested more in their development than the action or the generic hero vs. villain plot.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
I seem to have a sort of natural intuition for this. I can look at a trailer and even read between the lines and tell you if the movie/game is gonna be worth it or crap. It seems like movie makers really tip their hands in their marketing material so it's not easy for them to make a bad film look good in trailers unless they're grossly misrepresenting the movie. All it took was for me to watch the first 15 seconds of the Batman Arkham City trailer without any prior exposure to the game at all and I was immediately out the door heading to Gamestop. I knew John Wick was gonna be good from the trailer. Fury Road was also a no-brainer just by watching the trailer. Tron 2, even though that movie doesn't get a lot of praise I think people are way too hard on it. I was eager to go see it as soon as the trailer dropped.

The only trailer that's ever thrown me off was the Suicide Squad trailer but I'm not alone in that. People keep joking that the trailers are better than the movie and that's the god's honest truth. Even still, I figured that one could go either way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom