• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Everything You Thought You Knew About Deity Link

S

Sage Raziel

This thread is for general discussion of The Great Deity Mask, and it's origins. I'll kick things off by saying; I really enjoyed playing as Deity Link in Majora's Mask, but felt he was over-powered and Nintendo could have done sooo much more with it. I'd like to see Deity Link come up again somewhere, only this time 'round there should be limitations to his power and the game play should focus more around him, opposed to making him a last second reward at the end of the game. What do you guys think about it? I'm very interested to hear your thoughts, so post'em below!

~Sage Raziel

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
Well (I think this doesnt belong here) i wouldnt like to see him in other game it would be awkward and it would mess the timeline completly. BUt it would be great to hear some references of him in other games. And i agree he was way way to powerful and his back jump was wierd>_>

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
I don't think this has too much of a theory component to it, especially because not much is specified about the in-game character. This is more of a gameplay-related topic; as such, I am moving it to the Classic Zelda section.

Valexi

Hylian Thief
Well, Fierce Diety might have been overpowered, but I think he's more of a hard earned prize, since you do have to get all other masks to get the Fierce Deity mask.
Kinda like "CONGRATULATIONS! You earned an easy win for doing all that other stuff!"
After all, the mask is optional.
As for his origins, it would indeed have been nice if they could have gone more into dept about it. But, I feel that adding mystery to the FD is a part of why he's so fascinating.
Oh, and don't bring up the Fierce Deity origin story in the manga, because the manga isn't cannon and quite frankly I didn't really enjoy it.

Majora's Cat

How about that
The Fierce Deity Mask is REALLY worth it when you know how to use the glitch. I can use the mask outside of boss rooms, and it's really dang fun. You can check out my thread about MM glitches here.

I heard some rumors that the Fierce Diet Deities Mask was originally just to turn link into an adult. The Majora's Mask was really strong. If you drank chateau romani before going to the end boss and use the Fierce Deities mask it makes the end boss super easy. All you have to do is swing your sword, oh and Z target the boss too. And since you have Infinite Magic you don't have to worry about it running out.

S

Sage Raziel

Sorry for originally posting this in the wrong section. I thought since I was asking people where they thought the Deity Mask came from and what were it's origins that this thread would be theory, but I was wrong. I'm not too good at judging those kind of things. Sorry for that. But thank you DuckNoises for moving this to the correct place. I will try to keep my threads in the right spot.

Anyway with that out of the way; I don't think adding a game involving Deity Link would mess up the timeline. It would change it a lot, but it would still work its way in. I mean look at some of the other games that had little to no relevance in the timeline, they still made it in and did not destroy the line. As long as Zelda fans support a timeline it will exist. But I do see how it would cause complications in the timeline, but as I've mentioned these would eventually be overcame. It would just be cool if a game allowed the player to obtain the mask again and use it. Honestly I thought as a child that the mask showed us future Link. Stupid thought I know, but I was only like 9 or 10. I thought that since Princess Zelda sent Link back in time in OoT, and he traveled to Termina he had altered his future. Thus the Deity Link was who he was to become later in life with the current time flow. Though as I got older I found MANY holes in that idea. Mainly; How would there already be a mask of what Link would look like in the future if no one had gone to the future and saw Deity Link? Not only that but how and why would it transform Link into Deity Link? Today I think the mask was created simply to instill power to the wearer. Not just to Link. Anyone who wears it will transform into a Deity-like person. They will not all look as Deity Link did though. They'd have the white clothes, and the face paint, and such, but their looks will not completely change. But of course Nintendo did only put the mask in to be a reward, but it's still fun to try to place it in the Zelda world somewhere, and if it is successfully placed there it means it had to have a creator, and an origin.

Sstorm

Some Legends Never Die...
I love love love this mask, such a cool aspect to the game. So much fun to run around with it on, and it makes you feel so powerful when you can basically smash the controller against your face and succeed! It is worth the effort to get, just make sure you do Majora without it too so you can truly experience the majesty of one of the coolest and most epic fights in the franchise!!!!!

S

Sage Raziel

Oh trust me I've beat Majora multiple times with and without the mask. EPIC boss fight! But my one problem with the Great Deity Mask is the fact that as you said, "You can smash the controller against your face and succeed!" That, in my opinion, is way too strong. =P

I also didn't really like the system of shooting lightening bolts from the Double Helix Sword. I mean great idea, but poor execution due to the fact there were very little limits to this power. I mean it did use up your magic meter, but by that time my meter was huge, and there were plenty of magic jars if I did get to the point to where I needed them. It should be a system where after dealing so much damage, or something along those lines, that the sword begins to glow and for a BRIEF period you have the ability AND it still uses magic. This would negate the mindless mashing of buttons and still succeeding. It would force the player to use the ability at a strategic time to help get past a difficult spot in the fight.

I don't think I did a good job explaining that...But that's the best I can do at the moment. Sorry X_x

~Sage Raziel

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
He's ok, but he's more of a just-for-MM kind of character, with all the masks, transformations, etc. So really I guess I don't want to see him any time soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom