• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ever had some band, artist, Actor, franchise you thought "geesh, where have you been all my life?!"

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
So I think most of us experience it. Discovering an artist or band we thought of "why didn't I listen to this any sooner?". Well it's never too late now is it :P I had it quite a lot of times. I had it with AC/DC (I love them for nearly 10 years now but damn I wish I liked them 20 years earlier) and recently with Dragonforce. I discovered them accidentally when I was searching for a song on youtube and they showed up in the feed. So I listened to them and was like woow!
So what about you? Got any cool stories to share with Vee and the rest of the crew?

Evangelion. It had been going 18 years when i got into it.

It was something i'd seen in shops etc throughout my life, the title and box art etc were things that stuck with me until i was sick of seeing it around and took the plunge.

Then i wish i'd bought it when i first saw it. Hell, 'Evangelion day' (when it was first aired) is also my damn birthday!

So i spent a year completely fangirling. Watching the show, buying the manga, buying the movies, reading up on lore and reading the fanbase, buying merch...

Then on the year following i was nerded up and able to celebrate the 20th aniversary. Still would have liked to have celebrated the other 19 since i'd known about it that damn long...

Last edited:

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Felt this way when I first played Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines (aka Why Was I Not An Industrial Goth in the Early 00s: Oh God I've Wasted My Life - tfw no qt3.14vampgf to keep me cool on hot days and kiss my neck).

I've always liked vampires in a very general sense, and I've always liked gothy things (other gothy things, I guess), too, and this game slams them together into a beautiful nightmare of bloody eyeliner. The tone, themes, atmosphere, style, aesthetic, and setting all hit the exact right chords in my brain space until I was all but hypnotised with how much I loved playing it, but also how much it hurt that I hadn't been playing it for the twelve years I could have. I honestly think it would have had a huge impact on my life if I'd played it when it first came out when I was fourteen. Now I have a mix of pleasure that I have this glorious thing to sink into and, I'll say it, pain at what I've lost from not having it sooner.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have some kohl to re-apply. I have something in my eye...

IT'S EXISTENTIAL ANGST

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom