• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Ever Had a Crush/strong Emotional Attachment to a Zelda Character?

I'm guessing a lot of people will say no because Zelda isn't that kind of game. But still, have you ever admired a Zelda character, and to what degree? Maybe just liked his/her design (not necessarily in a crush sort of way).

The only character I've felt an emtional attachment towards was Midna. I think she was developed more than perhaps any character in the series, she got a ton of dialogue from being your guide, the more "mature" direction of TP made her more believable and less of a robot NPC, and as the game's title was Twilight Princess, the storyline revolved around her rather than Link (IMO). From what I've heard, the devs were pretty intent on her character development, describing her as a tsundere. Plus, I think her personality was pretty unique, some people think she's as annoying as Navi, but ahhh, Idk, I just liked her XD

I kind of admire Link to, I don't see him as a blank avatar. He's definitely meant to be a humble, pure, ever ready to lend a helping hand kind of guy.

No crushes, since yeah like you said LoZ isn't really that type of game.

And not really strong but I felt for the King of Red Lions/King Hyrule at the end of WW.

Not so much a crush but i had a deep emotional connection with Malon.

Back in the day i wasn't a very good gamer and it took me ages to get Epona in OoT, Malon was already a character i liked and when i finally paid a visit to Lon Lon Ranch and saw Ingo and that he was threatening to hurt the horses unless Malon did what he said, my dark mind went mental 6 ways from sunday, i felt really bad for her and wanted to take her away from him and kill him etc it was pretty harsh and since then i've always felt connected to Malon emotionally.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Crush? No absolutely not but I was really attached to TP's Shad. He was very nice to Link and was very helpful and around Link's age and he continued his father's work. He was so close but instead of him Link found what Shad and previous his father were looking for. I felt kinda sorry for him and really wished there was a way he could fullfill his dream. Yeah Shad grew a lot on me.

Another character would be Saria. To me she is that kinda character you just have to love no matter what

Last edited:
A character I grew attached to (not really emotionally like a crush) was Zelda in ST. I liked the way they made her kinda cocky and not want to be helpful and i thought that was a fresh direction.

Imprisoned

*~German Sparkle Party~*
I've always liked Pipit. I don't know why, probably because he is actually a lot like me. Don't ask me why, I just thought so.
I like birds. That's a big part. Did you know that Pipit's mom is afraid of birds? The nerve of her!

Last edited:

HBC

HyrulianBlackcat
Link. When I was really little, he was my imaginary friend. Eventually, hie evolved into a character for my imaginary world. Then when I started thinking about boyfriends and what I'd want from mine several years back, he was the standard I set. He was the dream crush. Still is, I think, since I'm still single and have little inclination to change that status. lol He's my bf in some part of my mind, and I get my bf time whenever I play one of the games, or snuggle with my Link pillow.

*wonders why she put all that down* :embarrassed:

Clank

Hmm
Not per say a crush, yet I want to bring TP's Zelda and Midna to life and have them fight over me, unfortunately I have yet to figure out how.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom