• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Ever Beat the Temples Without the Original Order?

Flagpole

I'm back!!
OK so, form what I know, the original order for OOT's temples is like this:

Forest-->Fire-->Water-->Shadow-->Spirit

Though I also know you can beat them without using the original order.
As far as I know, the most 'incorrect' order would be this:

Spirit-->Water-->Fire-->Forest-->Shadow

Why?
Because you can get the bow, then go to the Fire Temple and get the Megaton Hammer, then to the Water Temple and get the Longshot, get the Lens of Truth and go beat the Spirit Temple.
Then you win the water one first, the fire one second and the forest temple third...
So, when you beat the three 'common' temples, you can go to Kakariko Village and learn the 'Nocturne of Shadow' to go beat the Shadow Temple.

Anyone ever thought about this?
Anyone beated the temples without the 'original' order?

Mikenike

Thanks, Mike
Yes, I BEAT the temples in a different order. It doesn't do anything special, the only downfall is that sheik is still guarding the master sword until you beat the forest.

Ikana

Trollkastel
I always did them in order.I might have done it one time.I think I got tired of doing the shadow temple and moved on to the spirit temple.

Twili Kid

Many pointless questions
Well technically I think your supposed to go to the Spirit Temple first because of the order of the layout of the medallions and the songs. So technicaly people are doing them out of order. Either that or you could just choose which one to do. I got the just hover boots and moved to the spirit temple.

Well, the Shadow Temple is actually meant to be first, the Lens of Truth being a required item and all (the Hover Boots not so much, but are really useful). Plus it only makes sense to visit Ganondorf's homeland and battle his Mother(s) right before going up against him.

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
Yeah, I've done this a couple of times, get the item then move on. It's kind of fun. But never in such a messed up order as the Spirit Temple first...
More often I do it with the child temples though, just because. If you use the "catch-the-biggest-fish-then-swim-and-talk-to-the-owner-while-holding-shield-and-target-buttons" glitch in the Fishing Hole, you can get the Golden Scale early, and use it to bypass the boulders blocking Zora's River by going through the shortcut in Lost Woods. Then you can do the Lord JabuJabu dungeon before you do Dodongo's Cavern :3 Or even, if you wanted to, you can glitch your way out of the Kokiri Forest before completing the Great Deku Tree dungeon, then go do the JabuJabu dungeon, then go back to Dodongo's Cavern and then finally go complete the first dungeon. I don't think it messes too much of the later plot up though, since the Ganondorf chasing Zelda cutscene won't happen until you have all the Spiritual Stones.... (...or does it, you know I can't remember... I don't think it does anyway...).

I think it's more the novelty than anything, rather than getting something special to happen because of it. It's still fun to do though :3 I should try doing the Spirit Temple first next time I play!

As stated before, it would be impossible to complete the Shadow and Spirit Temples without completing the Forest Temple first, because Sheik is still blocking the Pedestal of Time until you complete it. You need to be Young Link to complete the last two temples.

Anyway, I've never done things as wildly out of order as that. Sounds like fun though. I've always done the Forest, Fire, and Water Temples in the proper order. I have however done the Bottom of the Well, then did the Spirit Temple before the Shadow Temple. I did that once, the last time I played through the game. Plot wise, the game's flow seems to indicate that the Spirit Temple is intended to be done last, but based on the order of the medallions and songs, it looks as though they intended the Shadow Temple to be last originally. That kind of makes sense, you know? Shadow, evil, etc.? But they probably switched it somewhere in development and never moved the medallions or songs on the menu.

Just note that there's still a proper order even if it's possible to break it. ;)

Proper order: Forest > Fire > Water > Shadow > Spirit

When you first egt the sword she is guarding the pedistool( Idk how to spell that) and you can't put it back.
I'm pretty sure he knew what you meant. I think he was just being difficult. :P

I never realised you could do that, but I guess you can if you get the items first and then leave the dungeons before beating the boss. I knew you can do the Shadow and Spirit ones in any way you want, though.

Well technically I think your supposed to go to the Spirit Temple first because of the order of the layout of the medallions and the songs. So technicaly people are doing them out of order. Either that or you could just choose which one to do. I got the just hover boots and moved to the spirit temple.

I don't think you are supposed do the Spirit temple first, because when you picked the mastersword and got explained what happend to you, you meet sheik for the first time and she'll explain to which temples you need to rescue the sages. Watch it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lYycaCe0ds (around 8:32)
And there she's saying the original order: Forest-->Fire-->Water-->Shadow-->Spirit.
So I guess it's supposed to be like that 'original way' and that you can choose to switch between shadow and spirit if you like.
The only thing that's bothering me is indeed the order of the layout of the medallions and song... hmmpf it's hard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom