• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link to the Past Ether on VC?

In Link to the Past, there are certain areas where the path from one side of the room to the other is completely dark. Now I hear that to light it up, one must use the Ether medallion. However, I find that on the VC, this technique does not work, and the path does not light up, leaving Link to fumble his way to the other side in the dark.

I'm not asking for help per se, but just to see if anyone else experienced this.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Have you used the Lantern? Because that generally is the way to light up rooms ;)

The Ether medallion doesn't light up rooms as I recall. Been a while since I was ina dark room, though.

The walkthrough for heart piece 23 says "Walk north and you'll see a gap between you and a cracked wall. Or is it? Use the Ether Medallion to see the invisible path."

On my VC, the Ether does not work here, or anywhere else, to light up invisible paths.

The Ether medallion only temporarily lights up the room. During the animation, you can see the invisible floors, then it gets dark again. An easier way to get that Heart Piece is to use the Cane of Somaria to create a block, and push it to see where the floors are.
I found this video that shows the path to the piece of heart: http://youtu.be/QJB86Vr8jhE?t=7m14s

That's the thing though. Ether won't even light up the room temporarily. It doesn't do it at all. I do like your Cane of Somaria trick though.

Ghirahim

Demon Lord
That thing never works for me on VC. The only time I try and use it is in the 7th dungeon, where the invisible floor is in that one room. It does not work. :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom