• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Eternal Darkness: WiiU

So, boredom is kicking again and I'm playing one of my old faves on the gamecube; Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem.

Eternal Darkness was a horror game like no other; as we all know the sanity meter made your character lose their grip on reality, they'd lose their limbs as they walked through rooms, the game would force you to repeat puzzles again and throw in harder enemies when it felt like it.
But that wasn't all, Eternal Darkness broke the fourth wall between game and player; some of the best examples of this are; the game muting its own sound, taking you back tot he title screen and faking deleting its own save...

The WiiU needs some mature titles, as is the case with every nintendo console and the WiiU can't survive on ZombiU...

So I think Eternal Darkness 2 would be wonderful but the question is this...

Eternal Darkness had some wonderful Sanity effects and blessed with both the tablet screen and the TV, what wonderful effects both in game and fourth wall bring to the WiiU?

Have fun =]

Dan

That game sounds awesome. I think I need to purchase it !
Of course there needs to be a second then.

The second could go for the classic bug on the screen, you see it in a lot of signatures.
A fake glitch or crash screen :P
Oh and let it yank up the volume that would be hilariousness:D

S

Schizo

Only problem I see with this is the original spans thousands of years, dating from Roman times (too lazy to figure out a solid time) to 2000. It would have to be either an alternate timeline or set completely after 2000. unless there are any other ideas of how make 2 stories work simultaneously.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Only problem I see with this is the original spans thousands of years, dating from Roman times (too lazy to figure out a solid time) to 2000. It would have to be either an alternate timeline or set completely after 2000. unless there are any other ideas of how make 2 stories work simultaneously.

A new story would mean new characters, locations, and time periods. It isn't limited to the ones used in the first game. It's not like it covered every single time period and location. Hell, they could even reuse some of the locations but set it in a different time with a new character. You're dealing with the entire world and time, how much more diverse can it get?

Anyway, It would be cool if Alexandra Roivas is a major key in the plot. I mean, using her twice as the main character would be weird, but she has to have a role. Also, I hope Eternal Darkness 2 is the secret game that Silicon Knights is working on that fans have been requesting. It's been said that they have started working on this secret game for the next generation already.

A new story would mean new characters, locations, and time periods. It isn't limited to the ones used in the first game. It's not like it covered every single time period and location. Hell, they could even reuse some of the locations but set it in a different time with a new character. You're dealing with the entire world and time, how much more diverse can it get?

Anyway, It would be cool if Alexandra Roivas is a major key in the plot. I mean, using her twice as the main character would be weird, but she has to have a role. Also, I hope Eternal Darkness 2 is the secret game that Silicon Knights is working on that fans have been requesting. It's been said that they have started working on this secret game for the next generation already.

thats good to hear, I'm surprised that a game like ED which had such universal praise for a horror nintendo exclusive didn't get 2 sequels straight off the bat.

Its been so long now, that at this point i wouldnt even mind a remake of the original for WiiU, it'd be wonderful to see Alex and the others in full HD glory, and there were some awesome cutscenes that i'd love to see in HD, but a sequel would be bigger, better and new.

the WiiU would be awesome to see Eternal Darkness on just for the tablet pad alone, the screen there could be a wonderful hub screen, much like the bottom screen of OoT, so much at the touch of a button that originally you'd have to scroll though.
Spells, items, and even the tome of eternal darkness itself which could almost turn the pad into a mock kindle to read the previous chapters of the tome and then with the sanity effects they could either work in unison or just on the tv or just on the pad alone, it'd be awesome. I can only hope we get it, Nintnedo do need more mature titles and theyre blessed with having eternal darkness under their belt since its such a unique title.

Last edited:
S

Schizo

thats good to hear, I'm surprised that a game like ED which had such universal praise for a horror nintendo exclusive didn't get 2 sequels straight off the bat.

Its been so long now, that at this point i wouldnt even mind a remake of the original for WiiU, it'd be wonderful to see Alex and the others in full HD glory, and there were some awesome cutscenes that i'd love to see in HD, but a sequel would be bigger, better and new.

This may just be a rumor but I swear that there were more characters in the works that were ultimately clipped for one reason or another, I think it was mostly for space. A sequel could include these characters. Alternatively, these characters could be reworked into the original as part of a remake.

For the using different times and/or places or same times but different characters. I meant that there are only 4 gods mentioned: Chatturgha, Ulyaoth, Xel'lotath, and Mantorok. When you play through the game and defeat all 3 gods, a separate cutscene is shown showing all of them dead and leading one to believe that somehow Mantorok made all 3 timelines, I guess you could call them, happen at the same time but merged back into one seamless timeline in the end. So, unless you use one of those timelines to begin with, the game would either be not as grand as the original was or enormously conflicting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom