• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Escaping Ganon's Castle.

Well, to tell you the truth, I saw it as the annoying bit right before the final battle. It wasn't very hard, you just had to fight a couple of Stalfos/Redeads, and run down a bunch of stairs. I've never run out of time before. I guess it was pretty epic, but I never really have enjoyed it.

I thought it was pretty cool the first time (I always like the final battle against Ganon better,) but after doing it a few more times, it started to grate on my nerves a little.

I never found it hard, frankly. Though maybe that's because I saw my cousin do it before I did it myself.

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
I've never seen it as 'epic', but it was pretty cool, I guess. The room with the Stalfos always annoyed me (then again, Stalfos always annoy me), and the timer - like other people have said - had definately upped the presure. It's always a huge relief when you finally get all the way out though.

S

Shawnogohma

Hrmm.. What did people think of this part of OoT, when you have to escape Ganon's Castle with Zelda? I thought that this was the most epic moment in OoT. Maybe the most epic moment in any Zelda game. What did you think? It's really crazy how Zelda screams and starts crying every time you get hurt, and all of the falling, flaming rocks, and the ReDead on the bridge, and the Stalfos battle. I remeber my first time, the ReDead got me, and Zelda was screaming and crying while rocks were falling all over. It was Epic.
I thought the battle after escaping was the most epic Zelda scene. Including in the credits, when Link walks away from the Master Sword.

But I think something like this should be done once again in a PH sequel. Except it's someone else' tower, seeing that Ganondorf is dead.

bellum

Gamer since age 2
it didn't suprise me at all for two reasons

1.I was using the walkthrough
2.He's Ganondorf, king of the evil Gerudo thieves what else would I expect from them

I was gonna also make a thread like this but recording your times going through the castle anyways it didn't suprise me at all

Kazumi

chagy
Hrmm... I thought it was really cute that Zelda was so scared when you go hurt. I never found it annoying, I really did find it cute. I would be all like, "I'm OK Zelda, just a big freaking flaming rock fell on my head, I'm OK." I found the stalfos room quite easy, becasue of my trusty Biggorons Sword, which I got at the very begining of being an adult. It never left my side... Er.... Hands. I found this to be the only fun part of an overall quite anti-climactic battle. I mean, fighting Ganon was just like, fire a light arrow, roll, slash with sword, repear. And throw in the odd Green Potion. I only found the ReDead room annoying, because it would always get me the first few playthroughs, and Zelda would stand there, screaming and crying, while I get eaten by a ReDead. I still found it cute. I beat this part on my first try on my first playthrough.

S

Shawnogohma

I found this to be the only fun part of an overall quite anti-climactic battle.

That.....that sentence doesn't make any sense to me.

How on Earth can you possibly find the final battle in OoT anti-climactic? Sure, it's easy. But it's still epic and climactic.

But, by all means, you're entitled to your own opinion.

bt srsly

PureLocke

A Hero of Time
Nahh the princess is right, I fight to the death on floating platforms wreathed in fire all the time, not epic at all. Though seriously, I love jumping ahead of Zelda on the catwalks since the game slows down a little bit and it feels just a little more awesome.

bbevington90

The Mask Salesman
The first time I did it I thought it was absolutely epic, my heart pounding the entire time, especially when you had to fight the skeletons, I thought I was done for haha. It was funny cause I didn't wanna die after an epic Ganondorf battle that took all I had, and then when I saw Ganon I really thought I was done for lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom