• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Enlisting species in BotW

We've seen NPCs in the new trailer defending themselves and fighting back. Some of us have theorised that we ckuld potentially enlist some of these NPCs to go on hunting parties/sidequests.

But how cool would it be if this wasnt just limited to Hylian villagers. What if we could enlist Gorons to help us up Death Mountain or Zoras to help us up river or cross a small ocean?

How about enlisting one of Kass's race to help us get around this open air adventure.

Do you think this potential close working with NPCs could up the strategy factor or BotW or is it too much to ask for?

Reactions: Dio

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
No. A lot of things are new to a Zelda game this time round but not new to open world RPG's. Skyrim allows you to bring companions along with you, and so does Fallout 4, in which you can have a super mutant, a dog or even a robot. So having a goron or a zora accompany you is not too much to ask for. In fact they should be trying to outdo these games and really focus on the strategy side of who to bring along.

Tibari

Rinkuji
If they are as smart and aware as the NPC we already saw in the trailers, then it would be really great. However I certainly will not like it if my ally steals my kill by finishing the boss x)

FrozenDragon

Relatively Quirky
I don't think it's too much to ask for, but to be honest, I think they're shooting for a more solitary atmosphere and experience than other games, so I think it's not really happening other than on specific cases like sidequests or Wolf Link, or transportation means.

Personally, I'd prefer if they focused on that. I'd love having living transportation like horses (confirmed) and loftwings (very unlikely), as well as single, silent AI partners like Wolf Link (confirmed) and possibly miniature Guardians (there is an amiibo for them, so it's rather possible) as to not detract from that atmosphere.

Getting Monster allies would be pretty cool.

Like what if you could hire a certain Bokoblin character to help you, and his AI basically acts like a Bokoblin enemy except on your side.

You could compare this to hiring guards in Skyrim, which Breath of the Wild reportedly takes inspiration from.

Reactions: Aku

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom