• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Enemy Items?

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Actually, this is an idea I'd love to see implemented. It would be a good way to expand on the combat attributes that the series has pretty much always been experimenting with. At least for one game I'd want to see Link be quick enough to run at an enemy and snatch their weapons from the hands. And then he could wield it against them. After that battle he could keep it, but if he carried too much it would weigh him down. That's the extent I am willing for it to go lest it becomes too much like Skyrim, in this aspect. He doesn't have to snatch every random vegetable and cooking pot in sight, but it would be cool if he had to storm an armory at one point during a raid (or stealth mode) in a castle, or another sort of fortification. This ability would also allow Link to perform a full frontal attack on a ferocious enemy rather than standard dodging and looking for an opening.

Also, just because it's something similar to a rival game doesn't mean that it shouldn't be implemented. Skyrim's an RPG pretty much, yeah, but like Zelda it also has a great mix of an Action/Adventure genre. Skyward Sword came out with an update system, borrowed from other series long before it, and the Stamina Gauge, which Skyrim also includes. So this aversion to taking enemy's weapons isn't entirely justified, and nor do I think it will drastically affect the Legend of Zelda, at least in my own interpretation.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
I do want to see this brought back in the fashion that it was used in the SS Koloktos battle how we took his giant swords to slash him with them

Apparently, only a third of you actually know what an RPG is... [noparse]:P[/noparse]

Anyways, I welcome the return of usable enemy items/weapons, if even for a short time as shown in The Wind Waker. I think the concept should be expanded upon in future installments, and perhaps used more frequently in puzzles.

Night Owl

~Momentai
I would love to see the ability to use enemy items return. I loved it in Wind Waker, It was fun defeating enemies with their own weapons even if it was slower than your own.
That would be cool if the adventure pouch could hold enemy weapons as well as shields and bottles.

As a side note I think enemies should be able to hurt each other as well again. It was fun ducking in a corner with my shield up and watching moblins beat each other up in their attempts to get me :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom