• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Endless video game debates

As Zelda fans we are among the most famous for odd/heavy/convoluted debates.

From timeline theories to more outlandish ones like 'is Link dead?', sailing V flying and more besides.

But we're not the only ones. Kingdom Hearts and Sonic are up there too.

Sonic is a weird one, the fanbase even debates over the colour of his eyes....

These debates will never die...

But which debates in particular catch your eye as a video game fan? Do they catch your eye because theyre insane, or are there ones you find interesting?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
There is the stages of grief theory for Majoras Mask. Although Aounuma said that was not what they were going for when they made the game, the theory still seems to stand up.

Of course Aounuma was LYING and doesn't know his own game when he said this. And you'd have to be a total MORON not to see that they made the game with the stages of grief in mind.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
I don't understand the question.

Are we talking about our favorite fandom debates? Fandom debates we're sick of having? Or just casually listing debates that won't. @#$%ing. DIE!!!

Wait that last one was supposed to be a question too.

... Okay I guess Zelda timeline theories irritate me. The Zelda timeline is so irrelevant I don't know why so much of the fandom is so obsessed with it. I mean, it's cool I guess if you're into that but I don't see what difference it makes? I understand completely the compulsive need to have everything fit together nicely and make coherent sense, believe me I have it too. And of course theorizing about the Zelda games is our favorite past time and by now it's over half the fun imo, but the timeline discussion is worn out. dunno how much more there is to say on the matter. We have our "official" timeline - dubious though it may be - and that's still not good enough to settle the matter! :laughcry: So the debate rages on...

Of course there's the "realistic" vs. "toon-shaded" debate and this one doesn't irritate me, it full on @#$%es me off. I do have a personal vested interest in this one because I'm not shy when it comes to expressing my opinions on the more "stylized" aesthetic. It really does turn me off to this series. I wish it had never happened and all this talk triggers the crap out of people and then we inevitably end up balls deep in the same old tired discussion/flamewar we've had a bajillion times already (go ahead - add this thread to the list of countless topics derailed by this debate, I dare yas :P). I'd just as soon leave the matter be since it's happened already and there's nothing I can do about it. No more talk on the issue is going to change anything.

so there :P

pyjamas5189

Secretly a cat
I agree that I don't really care about the time line theories I can enjoy the games fine without the need for them to fit together. The same goes for the final fantasy games that I've seen some people try to create a time line for.
I'm also quite dubious about the tetra force theory but I haven't put much effort into reading up on it to be honest.

Endless gaming debates.

Half Life 3 confirmed?
When will a good Sonic game be released?
Why do the sheep keep buying EA **** every year?
Is this review paid?
When is the final, fantasy game?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom