• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Embarrassing Incidences That Still Haunt You

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
This was partially inspired by @Vanessa28 's thread about silly things we've done lately, but I decided that the time was ripe we all talk about the nastier, squirmier incidences of embarrassment in our past and present. These ones don't have to be like, really bad or anything by anyone's standards, but I'm pretty sure everyone has one or two of those embarrassing moments that still make you cringe when you remember them happening to you ages later.

(Btw before I launch into this, I realise that a) this thread may have been done before and b) there was an embarrassing sex stories thread before, but this one is more about the sillier, dumber stories than the adult rated ones hence it not being an MD discussion, though if you keep it clean and reasonable I'm sure it's fine)

Personally, although mostly it's just dumb stuff, I have a couple of things that when I think about them still embarrass me. I will set the scene for dramatic effect.

Once in year 7, so I was like 11, we were reading this book as a class ('The Wolves of Willoughby Chase' if I recall, it was boring) and as a class we were supposed to be separating the components of the story into beginning, build up, climax, end. So on the board the teacher had drawn columns with each of those as a header. Now, even though what is to follow isn't technically that bad, I remember every detail of what happened vividly: It was 12.25pm, ten minutes to go until lunch. I had spaced out ages ago because it was a boring lesson. I was sitting next to a girl called Sheena. I had a blue pencil case with a dog on it. Anyway, I looked at the board and forgot the word 'beginning'. Seriously, it was like I forgot basic English. So instead of just waiting a second for my brain to kick in and realise, I burst out with "Why does it say beg-inning". Like, pronounced with all the emphasis on 'beg' and none on the 'inning'. Everyone just gaped at me. The teacher was like "what" and I was like "do you mean to write 'begging'. Miss there's a spelling mistake." Everyone just continued to stare at me. The teacher didn't even know what to say. And then, after another ice age came and went and the second wave of dinosaurs became extinct, I realised.
This haunts me because I have never felt so ****ing stupid in my whole life.

Another embarrassing incident I have that haunts me is more recent, about three years ago. This one calls for a blunt retelling. Fancy ass west end night club, a bit too much to drink, slippery shoes, marble staircase. I fell and bumped down like five steps on my arse. It hurt like a *****. Like, really bad. Everyone turned to look at me so I had to pick myself up and tell people nope i'm fine, I'm fine... I really wasn't. I had never been less fine in my entire life. I had to force myself to walk normally. I had to get all the way home whilst trying not to cry from the pain. When I got myself to the hospital in the morning, I found out I had fractured my coccyx. So basically, in addition to the comic falling down the stairs routine, I then had to tell people I'd broken my tailbone, AKA my butt.

Reactions: Dan

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
My pants fell down while I was walking outside downtown one day like 8 years ago, I would've been 11 or 12. Some people from my school were in the area. I was wearing tighty-whities that day. Oh god that was embarrassing.

pkfroce

Skelepuns
So back in 7th grade, my friends and I used to have rap battles where we'd "roast" each other as hard as possible. Well one day my one friend who is rich af and has a skin condition and I were goin at it, and I utter this line: "Hey man, we all know that you're super rich and wealthy, but that means nothing if your skin isn't healthy." Well I guess I crossed the line because he just stopped and walked away. And for a while, barely anyone would talk to me, and they'd glare at me and stuff. I felt really bad, and I was embarrassed for attacking what was apparently a touchy subject. So there's that.

Also last year in my history class, we were giving presentations. Well, I'm well known for my presentations to be pretty funny so I go up there feeling pretty good about my presentation. And so I begin and halfway through the teacher interrupts me and just calls me out for being too focused on humor. She went on to talk about how I wouldn't make it through the class, and how I would just be a stupid jokester without success. This was in front of the class so I felt pretty damn embarrassed. It's okay though bc I showed her and got an A in that class lmao.

Djinn

and Tonic
I once ran over my own foot with my own car, while I was technically still inside it, and it was my right foot. Numerous people saw this, but when I describe it I like to leave it up to everyone else to figure out the physics of it.

Another time I was driving a project car I had been working on for months, a red 1990 Firebird. The engine was running hot so I had to pull over to this parking lot to put more oil into it, the hydraulics on the hood were shot (it was a junked car I was fixing) so I had to prop the hood with the only thing I had on me. My Black bass guitar in the back seat. Apparently someone from Athens Magazine saw me and thought the image of some long haired guy using a guitar to hold the hood up on an older beat up muscle car just screamed Athens culture enough for him to take about 20 pictures to put it in the fall magazine for incoming students. That guy only quasi had any permission to do that.

Beauts

Also last year in my history class, we were giving presentations. Well, I'm well known for my presentations to be pretty funny so I go up there feeling pretty good about my presentation. And so I begin and halfway through the teacher interrupts me and just calls me out for being too focused on humor. She went on to talk about how I wouldn't make it through the class, and how I would just be a stupid jokester without success. This was in front of the class so I felt pretty damn embarrassed. It's okay though bc I showed her and got an A in that class lmao.

Wow that teacher sounds like a *****. Constructive criticism is fine but someone decent would wait until later and take you aside not humiliate you in front of everyone. Well done for still passing. The joke is on her!

Beauts

I also just remembered the time I walked into a lamppost when I was 7. I was on the way home from school, talking to my friend, then I turned my head to look where I was going and BAM. It looked exactly like something out of Mr Bean

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Idk, probably one of the most embarrassing things that happened to me was when I was in Kindergarden. I got sick after eating Lunch and I threw up in class. It was embarrassing at the time, but in retrospect somebody threw up every month... and most of those kids in that class didn't even remember it. I wouldn't say it haunts me.

Probably the thing I look back on that does haunt me happened like literally two years ago, and I've told you about it before. I met these two chicks, some stuff happened, and I woke up the next morning naked in their backyard (it was a beach house so I was naked on the beach). I couldn't find my cloths on the ground, I looked up and they somehow got in a palm tree. I had to climb it to get them, and it just so happened there were people walking by and driving. It was very embarrassing.

Dan

I've jumped down a flight of stairs like a whimsical beast only to smash into a wall and gain a huge nose bleed.
The amount of times my penis has popped through my swim shorts is pretty embarrassing and no it's not due to going hard or anything.
Been caught browsing this forum a couple of times and I'm not making the all to common let's make fun of our participation on this forum joke, I really have been caught and made fun of.
Been caught dancing to Happy Feat the movie.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
I asked a girl out in 7th grade.
I took her to a blooming apple tree in the sunset. I asked her out, within a poem.....
She then said maybe, and then refused to talk to me for 2 years.......
I really put myself out there, and i thought I really loved her..... It was so embarrassing putting myself out there like that, to not even been told no.

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
One time when I was ten-ish, my entire family and extended family caught me doing my best Trunks impression. Imagine a little brown kid doing this:
tumblr_m5c11gHIjQ1qemh37o1_500.gif

Same expression, too. I was dead-ass serious. Needless to say, they all laughed in my face. Leason: Don't imitate DBZ characters.

HOW ABOUT I TELL YOU ABOUT AN EMBARRASSING SINCIDENCE THAT HAPPENED TODAY THAT WILL HAUNT ME FOREVER.

It had been decided that we were going to find and frame one picture of each of our fifteen gerbils that we've had and hang them on the stairwell. Since our more recent gerbils had a lot of good pictures of them, we decided to start with developing four pictures. One of which featured two gerbils because Nutmeg and Cinnamon were sisters and they deserved to share a frame. Well, anyway, my sister told me that I could just put these pictures in a folder on my flash drive and then plug it in at Meijer and they'd have me select the folder so I can just pull up these four designated pictures. But no. The ****ing computer at the store decided to load up the 6,000+ pictures that had been on this flashdrive of mine that I used for my entire high school career and after. It was so embarrassing holy **** because it was like walking into a cringe compilation time capsule of stupid memes and drawings and school projects and i dont even know what and I felt like i was gonna die because my sister--my sister was there and like seeing everything and i swear i said "im gonna die" like eleven times. She kept insisting that she wasn't looking at the pictures, just for the four specific ones that we were planning on developing, but i dont care i am so ****ing embarrassed and fixated on this and i just want to crawl into a hole and die i hate my freshman self i want to murder him so so much i h ate

THE WORST PART IS MY SISTER IS THAT KIND OF PERSON WHO WILL CONSTANTLY REMIND ME OF EMBARRASSING THINGS FROM MY PAST JUST BECAUSE THEY'RE FUNNY TO HER BUT I JUST WANT TO ****ING KILL MYSELF. And its not like anything on there is actually like anything to be ashamed of but i am just so broken and paranoid i just cannot stand being reminded of how i was back then is just enough to send me into a state of shock and pre-mental breakdown. like it shouldnt matter if she saw anything but it does. i kept apologizing to her too like i was just so
ugh

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
Ohboy. This is something I successfully repressed for a good 8 or 9 years, only for it to surface out of the blue this time last year while I was having lunch. So in like fifth grade my class was working on those programmable LEGO kits and I walked past this girl whose pants were sagging. I thought I'd be helpful and tell her to pull her pants up but my youth-addled brain instead blurted out, lough enough for the entire room to hear, "JEEZ AUDREY PULL YOUR PANTS DOWN" and I swear there was at leas a fifteen second silence as the realization if what I'd just shouted slowly washed over me. I don't remember what happened next, I probably repressed that as well. I still want to die when I think about that.

Warning: Don't read further if you want to preserve your brain cells.

There was one day pretty early on in sixth grade when I was sitting in Spanish class, the period right before lunch, and I suddenly needed to poop really badly. I usually don't use public toilets, since I never know how clean they are, but this one time I simply couldn't hold it in. As soon as class was over, I rushed into the nearest bathroom stall and let it rip. Unfortunately, there wasn't any toilet paper left! So I squatted over the toilet instead of sitting down. But for some reason I don't remember, I didn't hold my penis down while peeing. So I ended up pissing all over the bathroom wall. To make it even worse, there wasn't any toilet paper in any of the other stalls either. The school administration actually ended up shutting down the bathroom for the remainder of the day. To make it even worse, my homeroom teacher actually called our house phone to tell my parents that I had peed my pants! That technically wasn't true, so I deleted the message before either of them could hear it. But the cherry on top of everything was having to throw away the underwear I was wearing that day, because they were stained from my unwiped butt. I've never had anything as embarrassing happen before or since.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Last year I was pretending a beast was chasing me up the stairs and through my house.
I thought nobody was in however my sister actually turned out to be.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Not really somethign embarressing but I do know how to make others feel embarressed. When I was like 7 years old we picked up my second brother in Belgium. On the way back my youn gest brother had his noteblock and spent his time drawing. Then he had to poop. My dad parked the car at the side of the road and my mom walked with my brother to watch over him and to keep an eye on people passing by. Of course we had no toilet paper. So my brother had to use his noteblock. When they were finally done and back in the car, my father drove off. I suddenly yelled: Marvin, you forgot your noteblock! I somehow felt sad for him he wasn't able to draw. My whole family laughed loud except for Marvin. He snapped did you really had to say that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom