• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Eiji Aonuma thanks Australians for supporting Breath of the Wild

Eiji Aonuma thanks Australians for supporting Breath of the Wild . . . by way of a video at PAX Melbourne.

22885906_10155394228584580_6895522185520299832_n.jpg

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Because he's not Reggie and actually cares about the Nintendo customers from all over the world and not just the USA.

Well, in his defense (I never for the life of me ever expected i'd be coming to Reggie's defense) he's not president of Nintendo of Australia.

Aussies do get the short end of the gaming distribution stick, but that's mostly because their own govt makes it a pita to import - and that's not even when they're banning or censoring stuff for arbitrary reasons.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
At 1:15 it says that the Champion's Ballad DLC will be available in summer 2017.

...It's almost winter here in the States.

Does Australia never get cold?

Well, in his defense (I never for the life of me ever expected i'd be coming to Reggie's defense) he's not president of Nintendo of Australia.

Aussies do get the short end of the gaming distribution stick, but that's mostly because their own govt makes it a pita to import - and that's not even when they're banning or censoring stuff for arbitrary reasons.
Aonuma is not President of Nintendo ANZ either. Though your point is valid. However if Reggie thought globally, and not just about the USA, he would actually improve things for the USA as well in relation to more satisfied US Nintendo customers. At times he is too nationalistic (in a business sense) and can't see how the bigger worldwide picture can help NOA greatly.

Secondly what I refer to has nothing to do with the government regulations. The regularions here do not make things a pita to import. Actually it's Germany, not Australia that has terrible importation laws regarding games and similar things. I've done the research on my own nation's laws.

It's the higher prices and occassional banning of a game here that you are correct on. Though the new R18+ game rating is allowing more of those few that previously wold have been banned in, so there is improvement on that front.

The issues I am referring to are:
  • Collectors Edition contents worse in Australia than for the US for the game game (Most of the time)
  • Different and sometimes worse or nothing for pre-order bonuses whereas the US often has great game pre-order bonuses (for the same game).
  • Game events, like the recent Mario Odyssey tour are US exclusive
  • The Nintendo World Championships - The correct name for them is the Nintendo United States Championships
  • Console Bundles coming with less things inside but costing more - examples are the Mario Odtssey Console bundle, not coming with the switch case in Australia and the SNES coloured New 3DS XL comes with Mario Kart digitally in the US, but no game in Australia.
  • The game release dates used to heavily favour the US, but now the US and Australia are roughly on par so that's a very good thing. That's a past issue that's mostly resolved.
This actually hurts Nintendo globally. If Non US regions get shafted, those non US customers will just import from Amazon to get the stuff Nintendo should have sent to their own coyuntries in the first place. This lowers the local sales of the games so Nintendo has less reason to remove these bull**** region differences. When I have time I will write a polite letter to the Nintendo ANZ HQ in Melbourne explaining all of this. I am sure they know about it already, but I'll bring it to their attention again.

The counter arguement to this is it doesn't make financial sense to do this for smaller regions (based on customer numbers). But that's a fallacy. Why? It's actually cheaper to make the same things for everyone. Have the same loot in all colelctors editions worldwide. Less manufacturing processes to get it all done as it's not multiple processes, one for each region. Adding a few more units to manufacturer to the same already existing manufacturing line is easy. Making up a whole new manufacturing line just for ANZ or the UK or whoever just to make a few lesser quality collectors edition items is pointlesa and bad business.

I don't want Australia or the US to be better or worse off than the other. I want both to be treated equally so both are just as well off. Or in other words, piss off the bull**** region differences.

Thank you for your reply I appreciate it.

Does Australia never get cold?
It does get cold in the South. Tasmania and similar places have freezing cold winters. But here where I am there is effectively only two seasons. Wet and dry. Winter as you know it, does not exist in this part of Australlia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom