• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

E3 is Here...

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
I've got to admit, E3 was once again disappointing this year. I think I'll go with the majority here and agree that Ubisoft "won" just as they did last year. The company's presentation was successfully strode the line between casual and hardcore. Ubi aside, Dead Space 3c is also shaping up beautifully.

Nintendo's presentation merely continued my disappointment. I am rather excited for New Super Mario Bros. (both U and 2), Pikmin 3, and Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon on the first party front with Batman Arkham City Armored Edition, Mass Effect 3 as well as ZombiU and Castlevania: Mirror of Fate leading the charge for Wii U and 3DS, respectively.

Seeing as how Turo posted videos, this is easily the best game as well as trailer from Nintendo's E3:

[video=youtube;d9_dED4_-CM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9_dED4_-CM[/video]

ZombiU comes in a close second. Door hacking, FTW! <3

Last edited:
So far the press conferences have been pretty disappointing (Nintendo's especially) However I remain optimistic as today is technically the start of E3. Pikmin 3 is probably one of the more interesting things I've seen thusfar (which is strange for me as I've never played the previous Pikmin games shamefully) I credit that to Miyamoto being awesome as always.

I don't want to be overly negative based on what we saw at the press conferences alone, but a lot of what was shown just doesn't really interest me. Lots and lots of shooters that all look strikingly similar, as well as social media integration which looks pretty silly and kind of useless to be honest. Nintendo didn't do a very good job of making me really care about the WiiU either. Or even that they understand the ''core'' gamer (for lack of a better term) demographic any longer. Thus far the WiiU looks like a Wii with a tablet-like controller.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised really. These press conferences are usually aimed towards share holders and keeping them happy with marketing jargon and casting as wide a net as possible. I did enjoy the awkward and clearly forced ''banter'' between the hosts in all of the conferences though. Enjoyed it in an ironic ''so bad it's good'' kind of way though lol. Here's hoping the rest of the show is a bit better!

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
Mariley said:
Pikmin 3 is probably one of the more interesting things I've seen thusfar (which is strange for me as I've never played the previous Pikmin games shamefully) I credit that to Miyamoto being awesome as always.

Miyamoto should honestly plan and direct Nintendo's E3. He clearly has the gamers in mind and made Nintendo into the gaming behemoth it is today. Something that particularly struck me during the unveiling of Pikmin 3 was his statement that it's a deeper game which is something he believes consumers are moving away from and require more of. Not only was this consciously indirectly admitting the perceived threat of shorter games on devices like smartphones and tablet but also a reflection of his company's philosophy-to provide quality entertainment for the broadest audience possible.

Mariley said:
Lots and lots of shooters that all look strikingly similar, as well as social media integration which looks pretty silly and kind of useless to be honest.

I agree with this statement. The clearest example of over reliance on shooters occurred during the Micirosoft Press Conference. Splinter Hell Blacklist, Gears of War Judgment, Halo 4, and just when you think it's over and the tease of one last announcement is made...it's Call of Duty: Black Ops 2. Following the massive success of the CoD franchise, every developer seems to desire a piece of the pie in appealing to that specific gamer niche.

As for the social media integration, as much as I hate to admit, that's becoming a necessity in the modern gaming world. It's getting harder and harder for consoles to compete with PCs, tablets, and smartphones which can not only also play games-of varying quality of course-but browse the Internet, function as as a GPS, e-Reader, and so much more. Personally, Nintendo is taking the smartest approach with Wii U and Miiverse; let's just hope it pans out as intended.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I agree with this statement. The clearest example of over reliance on shooters occurred during the Micirosoft Press Conference. Splinter Hell Blacklist, Gears of War Judgment, Halo 4, and just when you think it's over and the tease of one last announcement is made...it's Call of Duty: Black Ops 2. Following the massive success of the CoD franchise, every developer seems to desire a piece of the pie in appealing to that specific gamer niche.

Yeah, cuz Splinter Cell Blacklist is a shooter...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom