• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

E3 Dungeon Speed Run

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
Hey guys, Aero here.

Anyways, I found a video of someone actually successfully completed the dungeon. In the video, there are numerous areas of the dungeon i've never seen, and is very interesting.

The video is in the Official Nintendo Magazine website, so heres a link to the site and video together: http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/27965/legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword-speed-run-video/

(By the way, there is no sound, just music in the video)

The player is Matthew Castle, and he talks about how he did it:
When I picked up the Wii Remote in my hands, the friendly Nintendo rep said the dungeon portion of the demo - set inside a spider-filled temple - couldn't not be completed in the time, that it was designed to show off the scale of Skyward Sword's environments.

Ever the professional, I laughed in her face and did it anyway... after 15 attempts. That's 15 attempts to get my my head around the puzzles and work out how to defeat new types of enemy.

After each attempt, I got a little bit faster and a little bit further into the dungeon. Over time I worked out which sections could be avoided entirely and how to use Link's kit to skip otherwise time-consuming combat.

By the end of the show I was practically speed-running the thing, avoiding all combat completely and pausing only when Link's stamina meter ran low.

And yet it wasn't until the end of the last day of the show that I finally managed to do it. Better still, NintendoTV's Gav Murphy was nearby to record the momentous occasion (complete with nervous glances to camera and visibly shaking hands).

I hope you enjoyed the only video in existence of a complete dungeon run. Proof, if ever it were needed, that I am the best games journalist on the planet! If you fancy it, you can read more about it in next month's NGamer magazine which goes on sale on 29 June.

Overall, it's very impressive on how he was able to speed run it in the 10 minute time slot, being that there was a lot to do.

So what do you think? The headed monster is a formidable looking foe.

Write down below what you think!

ShaneOMac713

The Seal has been Broken
That looks like an awesome dungeon I can't wait to play the game when I get it. I hope the dungeon, enemies, and the boss will be difficult hopefully.

MattWalker

Windfall Walker
That was awesome!! I loved the more almost adventure-movie elements of the dungeon (the tight-rope fight, the vine swinging, etc.) SO good! Now I really can't wait!

Awesome!!! I bet he could've shaved off a minute or so if he had polished his skills a bit more, especially with the vines and the sprinting.

That was great. The area was so expansive and full of activity, and the player obviously did not go through the ENTIRE thing due to time constraints, so there's still a lot in store! I can't wait to play this dungeon, and find out who the boss is.

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
The introduction of new puzzle elements really shows. The eye dizzying thing seemed out of place at E3 2010, but it seems a bit more brain-stressing this time around. That was quite a good look at the enviroment (even with the rush).

And the best part: Enemies actually seem to give some trouble to the player!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom