• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Dungeons and Dragons Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.
nah that ain't my style man. i personally hate pocketing 'cause i get irl pocketed + screwed over too much. when i'm wolf people tend to town read me for other things

Generally, my reads so far, generally ordered from most to least of the label:

Towny: funnier; Mido; Minish; Ryu
Scummy: Moe; funnygirl (probably just one or the other, not both, but I have a feeling at least one is)
Violently Null: Zinn; Gum (Could slide to Null Scum if things continue on the same path, but I'll give them a break over D1)
Regular null: Anyone with fewer than 5 posts

I could expand on funny, funnier, Zinn and Gum; I have expanded on Mido and Moe. Ryu is just gut. Honestly a lot of this is very gut-based, but him more than the others.

pls explain the read on me; i wanna hear it!

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
ZD Champion
(For the record, it's been 48 hours since day start and I've posted as many times, which is less than half my usual post count, so I don't see how anyone could think I'm not playing more passively this game @funnier6 )

YAY WE'RE BUDDIES

giphy.gif

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
I feel like walking trash for saying "how do you know I'm town" but like
You shouldn't I feel like?
I think when you town read me and I said "no" there was a bit of a scramble to justify it and I don't see any genuine evidence during that potential scramble
so, I can't town read you at all
Maybe you're lying as town which would be a feels bad
my soul read says you thought you could pocket me through the Power Of Friendship (tm)
posts like these are great reasons to put up with moe's bull**** lmfao
sometimes you get "figure it out yourself" but sometimes you get this

also y'all have got to remember that i (and probably most of the other players here) only know you guys by your names on zd. pls. please. please for my sake use the zd names. i am very stupid please use these names i don't know who svaz is i am having a crisis

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Sorry everyone for my inactivity thus far. This game started at a less than ideal time. I've been busy looking for a job, amongst frantically trying to get my place cleaned up since my landlord was a dick and gave me less than a week to move out, on top of the 4 gigs I have coming up next weekend that I haven't had time to practice for yet. I considered getting a replacement but this game had a tough enough time getting off the ground as it was.

I've barely read anything so far and likely won't have time to tomorrow either. I'm aiming to be more active during day 2, assuming I'm all moved out by then, but if I don't have a job yet by then jobhunting will be my number 1 priority. So bear with me for now. I'll ask for a replacement if I feel it's necessary but I would like not to.

For now, it's 3am and I haven't had any time to myself so it's relax time. I'll see y'all during day 2, or tomorrow (Sunday) if you're lucky.

Also idr if I had an RVS vote but just in case I shall

Unvote

also y'all have got to remember that i (and probably most of the other players here) only know you guys by your names on zd. pls. please. please for my sake use the zd names. i am very stupid please use these names i don't know who svaz is i am having a crisis

she's link182. she goes by svaz on ffr, and that was a name me and moe are familiar with. sorry

Link 182

Blame It On My Youth
Whew alright I’m sober finally while looking at this thread, I don’t have too much to say except that funnygurl is a bad d1 vote and you should all feel bad for voting this way

I would say if we cross examine people pushing for her lynch we could find a wolf there

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
This post might be a mess of thoughts but oh well deal with it.

You know what's extremely wolfy? Not answering the question presented to you, and instead using the context of the question to turn suspicion onto the one who's questioning you.

I feel like there was a misunderstanding here? And kinda surprised no one pointed it out. Moe did respond to your question. You asked what alignment the funnier vote on Tristan indicated after finding out the reason. Moe said that it still seemed kinda scummy because it was joking too hard. He wasn't calling *you* scummy.

I get your frustration with Moe's playstyle, but I think some of this frustration is coming from a misunderstanding.

Having said that, this actually seems like a kinda good look for Deku. He's tunneling, which isn't necessarily a great way to go about things, but it makes me feel he's not playing with a team of scum. Especially because I feel if he were scum his teammates would've pointed out this misunderstanding to him privately.

Anyone who encourages serious discussion when joking is still going on will no doubt get townie points. I haven't given much thought as to what Moe has actually said though, I'm not familiar enough with his play-style.

Knowing that people who are familiar with his playstyle are saying this is typical for him, does that give you any differing feelings on the subject?

I never consider myself as being unclear
If people want to know more they can investigate and interact with me
I really shouldn't need to say more than "mido thinks the same as me and I think that's towny", for real

Tbf, I do think this post has some reasoning to it which Moe seems to lack sometimes. So while it's not overly elaborate, it does give some sense of where he's coming from.

Entrances can say a lot, and I think it's telling that she said that she needs to reread the beginner's thread publicly. It's one thing to just do it, and it's another thing to say that you're doing it.

Eh, I feel like if she had spent time doing that and didn't announce it, she would get flack for not jumping right into the game. So I can't fault her too much for that.

although I'm a tad curious that you might be laying all your love on Moe, so to speak

And you say Deku is being spicy. Lol

This comes off as a roundabout way of addressing the small situation with leetic and Zinnlav without specifically addressing the fellows themselves, thereby not risking the potential dirtying of his hands. If one wants to make some stew, some hands have to be thrown.
This post I like a lot better. Solid questions thrown at Moe, and I also like that he threw an objection in ZinnLav's direction in relation to the latter's quoting of the former. I do not see scum bringing attention to a potential link like that (based on my view of the first post of Ryuken's that comes off as somewhat of a soft defense of Zinn). Overall, I'm feeling all right about Ryuken. As far as Zinn goes, I think I'm liking him as well if only because I largely agree with his take on Moe right now even if it seemingly is developing as somewhat of a consensus take barring a couple exceptions among the crowd.

I'll address these two posts at once. And it goes along with my previous thoughts on Mido. I like that he gives his progression of read on Ryu and it feels genuine. I hadn't actually noticed what Mido pointed out about Ryu but I do agree with it. And I'm not sure if scum Mido would go so easily from thinking a post of Ryu's looked bad, to thinking he was looking good.

You've been reading too much MU Mido! Also what exactly about them is spicy? I don't really know how you're using the term but I generally think of spicy in a way that makes me see things a new way or drastically changes my reads. You just seem to be making minor adjustments.

If it's the same way I'm taking spicy, I think it means that Deku is being more aggressive and quick to give thoughts this game. Like his play is more flavorful this game compared to his normal laid back nature.

Yes but the way you worded it just feels super hedgy to me cause you're indecisive while "strongest" sounds super sure, "leanings" feels like a read, and "potential good" sounds like absolutely nothing. Especially since you didn't say "if I had to give a read" you just said "I think" or something and that further confuses me. It kind of clears things up but why didn't you just say that in the first place?

Hm, see this is how I feel Mido usually is - hedgey and indecisive. BUT, I'm not reading his stuff this time the same way you are. I think he might be being a bit timid with his wording, but I do the same as town. What's most important is that I feel he's gathering some actual reads from the thread and while he's not so certain they're right he seems to be sticking to them. Which looks towny to me.

hmm
I always think you're a wolf for different reasons though
this time it's because your read on me seems
F A B R I C A T E D
specially cause I'm pretty sure you weren't following G1 that closely

What about FG's read on you seems fabricated?

I looked back and my posts, and I never indicated leetic at any point in them. Nor did I mean to imply him in my response. I'm struggling to understand how you perceived my hypothetical example as a "roundabout way of addressing leetic and Zinnlav."

Again, I think this is another misunderstanding? I believe Mido was talking about leetic's vote for Zinn and then your response to Zinns response of the vote. So I get where it's coming from because there were layers to that one. Lol

think his posts are kind of wishy washy and kind of scum leaning him. o-o'

I do agree Deku has rarely put this much effort in so thats fun.

Tell me about it when you get the time.

I explained my Mido thoughts above. I don't think we should lynch him today tbh.

But I'm also kinda paranoid that we have Deku and Mido looking towny so one probably is scum. Haha

I feel like walking trash for saying "how do you know I'm town" but like
You shouldn't I feel like?
I think when you town read me and I said "no" there was a bit of a scramble to justify it and I don't see any genuine evidence during that potential scramble
so, I can't town read you at all
Maybe you're lying as town which would be a feels bad

I feel like you throw town reads on people for less, so I'm not sure why you're caught up on FG's quick read of you.

Whew alright I’m sober finally while looking at this thread, I don’t have too much to say except that funnygurl is a bad d1 vote and you should all feel bad for voting this way

I would say if we cross examine people pushing for her lynch we could find a wolf there

Why do you think FG is a bad d1 lynch? Don't necessarily disagree, but I don't have a real grasp on her yet so any meta or anything would be nice.

Ugh, I kinda always feel bad wanting to lynch someone I'm not familiar with day 1 because I don't think I'm able to get a decent read of them yet. But also some of the people I do know are playing kinda different and looking pretty good to me.

I do think it's a bit weird that Moe and Ryu have discussed a lot of stuff and thrown suspicion around but haven't voted. I also kinda feel I could be okay with a Doc lynch. Yeah he's not usually active day 1, but I feel like in his few town posts he usually does more than he has this game. Since I don't know either of Moe's or Ryu's scum games and therefore don't really know if they're being unusual this game. I do however know Doc's. So I think that's where my vote is gonna land for now.

Unvote

Vote: Doc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom