• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Dungeon Idea =D

Would you ever want a fully Black and White Dungeon?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi, I just had quite a cool idea for a dungeon in Skyward Sword (or a future Zelda title). Now, I know this has been done before during a Zelda game at a small area but never for a full dungeon.

How about a dungeon where EVERYTHING went black and white? Not just a small part though but from the moment you enter the dungeon until the point you defeat the dungeon boss and then maybe colour could return? I like the idea but tell me what you all think =D.

Hero of…. #s, I guess
This actually sounds like quite a lot of fun, and very intriguing and creative!

Ganondork

goo
I like the idea. Maybe in a dark point in the story, where hope somewhat seems lost. Now this idea might not work in SS, but it would have in MM or TP.

Jedizora

:right:
I wouldn't enjoy it. It would be to hard on the eyes. I didn't enjoy the black& white bosses in WW, as I couldn't stand how ugly they were. And it would defietly take away from Ss's lush graphics.

Last edited:
Sure, I guess. It sounds like it could be interesting, but I think it would be a largely pointless gimmick unless they expanded on it more. Really used it to build the atmosphere of the dungeon. I think just "there's no color lol" would make the dungeon more boring than anything, because there wouldn't be any visual variety. Unless you made it visually striking. Like Link is gray, and SOMETIMES the walls and enemies are, but most of the time they're all pure white or pure black. Then it could turn the dungeon into an optical illusion, making walls appear to be pits or pits appear to be objects, and obscuring enemies and objects with walls of the same color.

I like the idea. Maybe in a dark point in the story, where hope somewhat seems lost. Now this idea might not work in SS, but it would have in MM or TP.
But why wouldn't it work in Skyward Sword as opposed to Majora's Mask or Twilight Princess?

that sounds a bit to mutch like mario.
Huh? When was that ever in Mario?

I always find b&w distracting. in WW when your in ganon's tower,i had a harder time defeating the bosses again beause they were black and white

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
No, I find it annoying. It's always hard to see and meses with my eyes. I don't really see it as a challenge, it just makes me squint at the screen and makes me always miss stuff.

Besides, the color in Skyward Sword is one of the things I'm looking forward too. Black and White would see boring in contrast to the bright exciting coloring we have seen so far.

I reckon it would be a pretty cool idea.

I probably should elaborate, I reckon it could a good idea if done right (but considering it would be Nintendo, it probably would be done right. I mean, if it was just a simple Black and White dungeon, it would be bland and boring. There could be puzzles which have to do with different colours, or maybe there could be an item or spell which puts colour in a room or omething. Maybe not for a whole dungeon but maybe a room in a dungeon or mini dungeon (the ones that go for like 10 minutes).

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
This is a really unique idea. I'm not entirely sure how this would work but I am definitely intrigued. It sounds like it could maybe be put into practice. But I think there should be a reason as to why the dunegon would be deisgned like that. There are a lot of gaps in the idea, but I think if you fill those in it could work out. Can anyone think of a reason why the dungeon could be this way?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom