• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Dual Citizenship?

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
Are you a citizen of more than one country?

If not, given the opportunity would you take it up? Which country would you choose and why?

Would you ever renounce your current citizenship to take up that of another country?

I'm only an Australian citizen but would likely take the opportunity for a dual citizenship if it arose due to the various benefits that come with it. Depending on how well my living experience goes in Japan next year I think I might take that up if it were available (but Japan doesn't allow dual citizenships so that's not an option in reality). Otherwise I'd probably be open to the idea of a dual citizenship in the USA, Canada, UK, or an EU country depending on the experience of living there in the future if I were to ever do so.

I would never renounce my Australian citizenship as this country will always be my real home and citizens are much better looked after here than in most other countries in terms of healthcare and the like.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I'm single-citizenship American, and, despite everything that's been happening here... well, the US is still home. Always will be. I would consider dual-citizenship, given the chance, but I honestly have no idea what countries I'd do this for.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I currently only have citizenship in Canada, but I plan to go for a work visa and take off for some other country after I finish school. Places I've considered are Australia, USA, Britain, and France. I'm going to apply during the coming school year to study abroad in Finland for a semester the following year, so who knows, if I go and like it then maybe that'll be an option too. Depending on where I go, if I like it enough, I will consider citizenship, though I think Canada will always be home for me.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I would be open to the idea of a Dual-Citizenship if I found a country I wanted to work in. Wouldn't renounce my own Citizenship to do it though.

Currently I don't feel strongly about working or living in any other countries so Dual-Citizenship is not on the cards right now.

funnier6

Courage~
Single citizenship American, I've never been to another country cause I'm claustrophobic and acrophobic, so I've never been on a plane.

Luckily I don't like to travel anyway so I have zero idea what countries I'd visit if I could, let alone have a citizenship for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom