• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Dowsing: Hate It or Love It?

Hate or Love?

• Love It

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Neutral

• Hate It

• Total voters

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
Well, I forget about it most of the time but when I do use it I find it very helpful. It doesn't necessarily give away the exact location of whatever you're dowsing for, it mostly points you in the general direction of whatever you're dowsing for. It prevents you from wandering around for hours without any idea what to do. I find the argument that it makes the game too easy is irrelevant because you are not forced to use it and the people that do abuse it are probably the people who need it, like new players.

shaymin1

Derp.
I really liked it. It was useful later in the game when Fi let you dowse for a lot more things (don't want to give any spoilers).

well the dowsing thing was very inaccurate but it was helpful better to have a little help then no help at all so i guess i love it

Caige

Moves Like Jagger.
I fell the same as the OP. It's helpful at times when you're stumped, but I do feel like they expect me to rely on it too much. I'm only a little way in though, so I don't know if it gets worse or bad yet. So far I'm neutral.

I enjoyed the concept, and how it was executed. I do agree that you rely on it quite a bit, but I did'nt really mind.

N

Newton

I HATED IT! They used it way too much. Everyone keeps saying that it helped them find stuff. They wouldn't have added the places that you had to find things if they didn't add dowsing! I vote hate it.

M

Mrnintendopwn

I'm pretty neutral because if you are playing the game for the first time it is helpful, but if you are playing it again and you are advised to use it again it is a little annoying...

personally, i loved it because if i didnt have it, i know i would always miss on where to go and i would have to backtrack all the way, plus if u want to explore its completely optonal

Theunholyganon

Embrace the fear inside.
I have neutral thoughts on the dowsing mechanic of the game. Its sort of useful for something like the earth temple keys but dowsing for Zelda is not really useful.

Sometimes it was useful, like searching for Kikwi's or key parts or an invisible ship, but most of the time (like dowsing for Zelda) there was really only one way to go and the dowsing just made that one way more obvious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom