• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Does Toonami Count As Part of CN?

Does it?

• Yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I don't count it. Cartoon Network airs shows that are mainly directed towards young kids. Toonami focuses mainly on anime that are generally focused at a more mature audience, i.e. teenagers. I don't count Toonami as part of it because of the age difference in content.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Toonami has always been something completely separate from Cartoon Network in my eyes, but as far as I personally know, CN practically owns the TV Block. So, I'm going to go with "yes, Toonami is part of CN" but that isn't based on any kind of research, just what I remember.

Dan

I think it does...

Toonami (a portmanteau of the words cartoon and tsunami suggesting a "tidal wave" of animated shows) is a brand of Cartoon Network

TheMasterSword

The Blade of Evil's Bane
Toonami is a branch of Adult Swim. Adult Swim, in turn, is a branch of Cartoon Network. Cartoon Network is owned by Turner Broadcasting, which in turn is owned by Time Warner Cable.
Yes, it is a part of Cartoon Network, and for all the fools who voted No on the poll:
Toonami can not be considered separate, as it doesn't have it's own TV station and it is funded entirely form Turner Broadcasting's Cartoon Network. Now, if it was funded by itself, but was being aired on CN as an ease of access, then sure, it can be considered seperate. Yet it isn't, so it is a seperate branch.

Also, another question is which toonami you speak of. American Toonami or the Toonami channel in Hong Kong I believe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom