• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Does There Exist Any Zelda Manga That Isn't Based Off the Games?

a while back i picked up the manga of MM, and i went online to look up other manga, and i noticed that there doesn't seem to be any manga that has it's own original story correct me if i'm wrong in that, and if it's a bad thing to expect an original story out of a Zelda manga i'm sorry but i read comics of Sonic the Hedgehog and they have original stories so psychologicly i'm going to expect an original story out of other video game based comics

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
All Mangas of The Legend of Zelda based on the games. The new Manga series by the two artists Akira Himekawa may add new and different content to the story, but all of them are interpretations of the original games. A complete new story would be far easier (and more epic) than adapting an existing story.

alright then, i can respect that, i'll look into them anyway cause i remember in the MM manga i got there was an extra chapter at the end that was original and i'm hoping the other manga have the same thing

You might want to check out the Legend of Zelda comic book by Valiant Comics here. It takes place after The Legend of Zelda and Adventure of Link. I haven't personally read it yet, so I'm not sure if it's good or not.

Description:
This comic book series is set after the events of "The Legend of Zelda" and "The Adventure of Link." Ganon is once again alive, has stolen the Triforce of Power, and still schemes to steal the other pieces of the Triforce and rule Hyrule.

Most of the comics and manga based off of games add their own details to the story that aren't in the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom