• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Does generation 8 need more or less story?

The Pokemon games are getting nuts in terms of story and universe make up.

Originally we just had to prove our worth to the league.

Now we have people messing with wormholes, characters shifting between timelines, family feuds, a larger cast of characters and thus more interruptions to the gameplay.

I do love stories in my video games but for me Pokemon Sun and Moon took the biscuit for constant interruptions from so many characters who wouldn't shut up...

With the added power of the Switch, generation 8 will perhaps be even more cinematic than Pokemon has ever been and thus a good platform to tell a good story...

But do you want more story in Pokemon?
Do you want it to be simpler than recent generations?

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I think they need to dial it back a bit, go back to a similar level that RSE had, you had few interuptions and it made team magma and aqua all the better for it

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I agree with MBS, but having less story doesn't mean it has to be less cinematic. I'm not a huge fan of Black and White, but I still remember my first time crossing the Skyarrow Bridge. That was some good cinematic stuff right there. Imagine the kind of things they can do along those lines in future games.

Less. A Pokemon game's plot should be as follows; becoming the champion, stopping the new villains, and a few references to past games.

Then again, they can just make the cutscenes skippable and this wouldn't be an issue at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom