• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Does Ganondorf Pay His Minions?

I was playing zelda one day and noticed that some enemies drop a TON of rupees. This brought me to think "How did they get all that money, does ganondorf pay them" If my theory is true, ganondorf must be a very rich man.

ZeldaOcarina

Princess of Hyrule
Considering that rupees are so easy to find by just cutting the grass, I imagine anyone would be a very rich man lol.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
No, I don't think he pays his minions. Especially in Ocarina of Time, I think Ganondorf's supposed 'pay' is the not-being-thrown-in-void a la Phantom Ganon. You know, if you do a good job then you keep your life.

Owner828

I'm not the muffin man!
I don't think that Gannon ,The King of Evil, would pay his minions. It is more likely that he makes them do a good job, or they are killed. My best guess is that the minions just take from people, find them throughout the land, and in the chests that you don't get to first.

Last edited:
H

Howling Wind

I don't think so. I would think his minions are as evil as he is. They are monsters right? I never pictured monsters getting paid, or wanting to to feel like they had to kill someone. Ganon is basically just the king, commander. He tells them when where and how and they obey like mindless robots. My take O.O

H

Howling Wind

A reward to Link for killing them in all honesty =D Not trying to be a party killer or have lack of imagination. I suppose he could pay them. Why are rupees in bushes and inside rocks?

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Maybe the Rupees in the bushes are where Ganondorf stashes his riches, and he sends the minions out to find them, but knows they're not smart enough to look in the grass. They look like they're patrolling, but they're actually going in circles, because they've each been assigned a sector to check in. And when Link comes around, they go in defense mode, lest he is to ruin their chance of finding anything. Also, does anybody recall those to Bokogoblins arguing in TP's Northern Faron woods? Well, they were debating where the Rupees might be hidden, but went absolutely berserk once spotting Link. :)

Oh yeah, and every once in awhile a minion gets lucky and pockets the treasure they find. That's why a Rupee might drop from an enemy's corpse at any given time. ^^

Last edited:
Well we do see them with very fancy jewelry in Wind Waker, I mean I guess he could pay them . . . but I'm sure threats would work just as well since he's all evil and they're probably just scared of him . . .

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
then why do they drop rupees? I have never seen a bokoblin slashing bushes for money.
Looting houses/mugging people.

Why are rupees in bushes and inside rocks?
According to The Minish Cap small creatures (the Minish) leave money and items in grass and rocks for people to find. But this isn't entirely cannon because Capcom made the game.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I don't believe that Ganondorf pays his minions. I believe that his minions are all philosophically aligned with him, and believe in his evil ideals. That seems like the kind of scenario Ganon would desire. The reason they always have money, in my opinion, is because they've stolen it from Hylians they've waylaid and/or killed in the past. After all, Link isn't the only one who goes through Hyrule Field. And I do believe they trade, so the ones further away from Hylian settlements may very well trade other things for rupees.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I bet he is a very rich man. He has a fine cape and armour and spent his earlier years stealing from people and most likely looting their houses(and then probably burning them down after for fun). However I don't believe he actually pays his minions. Bokoblins are everywhere and probably kill people if they decide to trek across Hyrule field. They probably loot the bodies afterwards. In TP he was not even there to pay them for most of the game. So I would say that he does not pay them. If they disobeyed him they would be killed anyway so they would not risk it.

Satsy

~~SaturnStorm
It seems to be a general assumption that only Link finds things in the grass. What stops enemies from picking things up where they wander? The bigger the reward, the better the likelihood they're fond of shiny things. Or they collect them for whatever big honcho happens to be in charge of monsters in that area.

Just a thought.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Ganon and paying his minions? I don't think he does. I don't want to know what happens to those minions who ask for money :P
His minions are as evil as he is. And in TP when you reach the hidden Village the Cuccoo tells you a lot of hidden treasures can be found in the grass. He also tells you those enemies buried it there after they had stolen it from people. So most likely the minions got the money by robbing and killing people or stealing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom