• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Does Ganondorf have children?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Living with a tribe of only women and being the only male around plus being the King of said tribe, do you think Ganondorf ever had children? A man needs to get his rocks off every now and again and there is no evidence they had protection in Hyrule.

Any kids would be female like the rest since a male is born only every hundred years and Ganondorf would likely have no input in raising them just like the fathers of every other gerudo girl also do not raise the babies.
Just an interesting thought, what do you recon?

I'd say that the chances of him having kids is quite high in Ocarina of Time. I mean, come on, he was the only male of his race of what appeared to be hundreds of women. And I can only surmise that a huge lot of them were probably interested in pursuing a rare Gerudo male suitor and/or procuring a child of *'pure Gerudo blood' instead of Hylian men all the time. Not even gonna get into the amount of Hylian women he might've done it with or raped.

*In a real-world sense tied into what is implied in-game, procuring a child of pure Gerudo blood is technically impossible. Even if Ganondorf were to reproduce with a Gerudo woman, the child is likely to be born 1/Xth Gerudo and some percent Hylian (Close enough. ;p). Given the rarity of Gerudo male births, however, circumstances might chance it that Ganondorf is sterile (i.e., can't make babies). But then again, fantasy world rules and such.

On a side note, I think it would've been neat if he married Nabooru as the game appeared to imply. If they had a child together, I imagine she would have been a godlike warrior/sorceress.

Being the only male in the OoT era, this might explain why there aren't any Gerudo in the other Zelda games.
Yeah, although Gerudo women are said to reproduce with Hylian males. Chances are incredibly high that the Gerudo bloodline was strewn so thin by the time of say Twilight Princess or A Link to the Past in their respective timeline branch, that the race became no more distinguishable from the Hylian population. This becomes much more credible if the interims between OoT and the aforementioned games span a millennium or two. There seems to be a few exceptions, however, in characters like Telma (TP) whose appearance might appear to boast some traces of [recent?] Gerudo ancestry.

I don't think he has any kids but I'd say he definitely got busy. He's probably middle-aged by the time OoT happens so he's gotta do something during all of those years in between. Would be one hell of a twist if Nabooru was actually one of Ganondorf's kids though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom