• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Does Backwards Compatibility Matter To You?

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Well, if you don't have the money to get every console, it could matter a great deal.

On the other hand if you can get the next console while keeping the old one, then it wouldn't be a big deal. Although it could become one for online games if they shut down the servers for the old console.

Yes,I care for it,if the PS3 could support PS2 game,I would have bought a lot of PS2 titles.

And PS2 Classics suck,I barely saw I game that I care for.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I take that back, isaix reminded me why I sort of dislike my PS3 and that's because it isn't backwards compatible. Normally I'd just suck it up and buy the other console, like I did with my GameCube vs the Wii U, but I don't have money to invest in a working model for the PS2; it's well known that some phat models actually killed the discs, and some models don't play certain games either and that's a damned shame. If my PS3 had BC I would love it a lot but unfortunately it's a slim model so nothing I can do about it there.

Yeah there's emulation but to be honest it just isn't the same...

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
The main reason I want BC so badly is because as consoles go out of date, it's harder to play games...I'm forced to emulate the N64 now. It's gotten better since I purchased the controller adapter, but it's not quite the same as it was on the TV and 3-4 player is all but lost. I realize they could never make N64 BC, but I wish they would with the GC.

Salem

SICK
Why couldn't nintendo just release a console that can play new, snes and n64 and be compatible with all of their controllers and accessories?

It can be done, as evidence by the RetroN 4.

Clank

Hmm
Why couldn't nintendo just release a console that can play new, snes and n64 and be compatible with all of their controllers and accessories?

Because then they wouldn't be able to sell those games to you again, through means such as the virtual console.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
[video=youtube;nFsf0hmaeXs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFsf0hmaeXs[/video]

This is perhaps the sexiest thing I've ever laid eyes on...kudos to Sroa Link for alerting us to it!

Salem

SICK
Because then they wouldn't be able to sell those games to you again, through means such as the virtual console.
True, but it would be nice of them to still make it:(

This is perhaps the sexiest thing I've ever laid eyes on...kudos to Sroa Link for alerting us to it!
Glad you liked it, you're right, it IS sexy.

When will 5 release? This summer?

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick

They could, but they won't. Nintendo makes no money off the secondary market. The real profit in video games is in software licensing and royalties. They'd never get an acceptable return on investment.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Yeah, Nintendo would make no money off of the old games. Those consoles are at best limited to a small market. You shouald also factor in that most people who have bothered to keep really old games have bothered to keep the consoles too, thus eliminating any need for such device for most people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom