• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Does anyone know if Fierce Deity Link can C Up (Look) in Majora's Mask 64?

Not 3D, 64. The reason for this, I have a hypothesis that the 3D remake used the original as a base, and modified it to the point it got to.

There is a glitch, that lets you use any item anywhere, in Majora's Mask 3D, but you need to use the Look button, which gets modified to be a Pictograph button once you get it. As a result, FD Link can't use the glitch. But if he can use C Up (Look) in the original, and my hypothesis is right, then he can use this glitch if you skip the Pictograph.

How do you skip it?

There is a glitch where you can walk on the rocky terrain slightly to the right of the ice barrier to the Goron area. Get the Goron Mask (does not require anything in Swamp).

Next, lure a Chu Chu to the Epona gate to the Zora area. The glitch to get over the gate as a Goron via timing a bomb to hit you when you Goron jump/pound was removed, but the devs didn't consider a Chu Chu hitting you when you do the same thing (without the bomb this time). Thus you can get the Zora Mask.

Zora Link has a projectile that can kill Big Octoroks, thus you no longer need the Boat to kill them, which we can't use because you have to get the Pictograph to use it.

The only problem (for me) is that you'll have to memorize the path the Seahorse takes you, without getting the Seahorse, since it requires a picture of a Gerudo, but that is doable, as players have done it before.

The real reason for all this: Beat Gyorg as FD Link. ONLY FD Link. Normally you'd need to switch to Young Link, shoot an ice arrow, hop on the platform (because Gyorg destroys the original platform), switch to FD Link, attack, and repeat before the ice melts.

If FD Link can use the any item anywhere glitch, via skipping the Pictograph, then he can use the Ice Arrows, without switching to Young Link, which means I'll officially have created a new speedrunning category for the game, and can finally get a world record, even if it will immediately be overcome by actual speedrunners. But I'll always be first.

I just wanted to see if FD Link could C Up (Look) in the original, because this whole thing hinges on that. (I already skipped the Pictograph on a save file, but haven't done anything else yet, and didn't want to waste my time if FD Link couldn't even C Up in the original).

Last edited:
You know what. I'll bite the bullet and figure out on my own. Even if FD Link still can't use the glitch, the journey will be well worth the effort. I'll give updates here.

Like I said in the OP, I have gotten the Zora Mask while skipping the Pictograph. I just need a bottle so I can get some milk, to survive the Poisonous Swamp Water. Once I reach the Owl Statue outside the temple, I can officially restart the Cycle without any prep needed, as I will be able to warp straight to the temple. I already have the Owl Statues in the area of the Blacksmith, and the Marine Research Lab, both activated, if for some reason I want to try to collect some items early, but this game isn't hard, just long, as I'll still need to collect every mask before I can get the FD Mask.

I'll give an update when I've gotten the Swamp Temple Owl Statue.

Good luck
Thank you, but it turns out it was indeed a fool's errand. I got a bad feeling that I was wasting my time, so I tried the glitch out (switching to Deku Link while walking underwater as Zora Link), and it does not work with the Look button, meaning it is some property of the Pictograph that causes this to happen, and as already explained, FD Link can't use the Pictograph, so I'm out of luck.

Sorry to waste y'alls time with this. I really thought I was onto something neat here, but alas, it was not meant to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom