• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Does Anyone Here Speak More Than One Language?

M. Bulteau

Composer
Portuguese because Portugal, French because mother, English because video games, subtitled movies, internet and mandatory classes since 6-years old, a bit Spanish because it's similar, residual Italian for the same reasons, and can read German but can't understand most of what I'm saying.

Fluently? No. I have taken two years of French (as much as I hate the language), and I used to know it pretty well. I've lost a pretty good amount of that information though.

unknown

._.. .. _. _._ morse code
I can speak English well, and I wish I could speak other languages fluently. I can speak different bits of a lot of languages from around the world though. Nothing I know is helpful or useful, just random words. I have a friend who spent his 5th grade year (in montessori) learning russian, and then studied it over the summer. I think that he can speak it alright and write some of it too.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
Fluent in English, Swedish, German and Bosnian.
Because of my wonderful immigrant friends I know how to say bad words in Polish, Romanian, French and Turkish.

;)

I only speak English fluently, but I know a little more Spanish than most beginning classes will cover.

Speak both English and spanish because im a mexican born in the states. Really wish i knew Japanese though.

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
I can speak Dutch (my native language) and English. I did have French and German in school for 3 years, but I completely forgot it >.>. I'm trying to improve my German because I'm going to study there for 4 months, but so far it isn't going as smoothly as I thought. I can understand it, but I keep mixing English into my German sentences because I can't find the proper words (and the grammar with the different forms of die, der and das...who came up with that craziness?!). Last time I was in a German train and I could (sort of) understand a lady saying that she had taken the wrong train because we passed her station, but the only thing I could say back is: De Zug goes to Essen...right?

She probably thought I was an idiot -.-

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom